Job title: Infrastrucuture Mechanical Systems Engineer
Job description: Company Description
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
About the role:
This position is accountable for performing engineering and technical support functions involving mechanical systems and related processes in the Global Engineering team, focusing in providing solutions to the plants that shall result in lower operating cost, efficient capital investment and greater speed to market.
A key function of this position will be to help design, startup and commission a state of the art glass plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky. After commissioning, this position could transition into a plant leadership, working for our manufacturing organization.
- Lead engineering work related to new equipment installations (including but not limited to: batch house systems, compressed air systems, process cooling air, water, vacuum, combustion, fire protection, etc.), major repairs and/or upgrades focusing on providing best total cost solutions to plants.
- Contribute to cost and time estimation for project scoping, providing figures based on collected field data and plant requirements, past projects data and/or reasonable assumptions based on market information, focusing on total cost savings over time.
- Perform plant technical assistance activities, identifying improvement opportunities and implementing action plans to increase mechanical systems performance consolidating maintenance and operation best practices.
- Support project meetings, reporting on project status and issues and maintaining communication with contractors to effectively execute project tasks.
- Elaborate technical reports, asset audits/assessments and trip reports as needed.
- Plan, schedule and track project activities
- Coordinate activities between plants and O-I engineering/R&D and/or third party suppliers to keep systems specifications and operating conditions within recommended parameters with OI or third party suppliers support.
- Cascade decisions of standardization or best practices in field of activity to the plants (e.g. new materials, new construction/installation methods, global standards, etc.).
- Ensure the safety in every work performed by contractors under his responsibility;
- Providing guidance, assistance, advice and comments to subcontractors on mechanical construction matters;
- Check compatibility and approval of documents and drawings from different vendors in order to ensure the success of projects;
- Elaborate technical specifications for equipment and systems compliant with technical, safety and O-I Standards and best engineering practices;
- Prepares descriptive memorials for contracting services;
- Support other disciplines such as electrical and civil;
- Know and apply the technical standards relevant to your area of expertise;
- Support Procurement Team checking technical proposals and providing any technical information needed.
- Ensure project documentation is tracked, updated, organized;
- Manage the installation, testing, start-up, and troubleshooting of the various systems noted above.
- The Mechanical Systems Engineer will report directly to the Regional Process Area Manager.
- Secondary reporting responsibilities to Project Manager of the plant construction team
- Bachelor degree Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electromechanical or equivalent engineering field.
- Good Communications skills in English
- 5 – 10 years experience in plants / industry related jobs.
- Experience with Natural Gas, Compressed Air, Ventilation, Material Storage and Delivery systems, etc.
- MS Office and English skills – Advanced
- Knowledge in Project Management – Basic
- Knowledge in Autodesk AutoCad and Inventor – Intermediate
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Flexible and adaptable to constant changing demands.
- Team working with multidisciplinary team, willing to help.
- Inter cultural work.
- “Hands on” attitude
- Willingness to work in heavy industry environment.
- Up till 50% of time in local travels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Job date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 22:22:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!