Job title: Information Technology Department Specialist
Company: County of El Dorado
Job description: Description
THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is a dynamic agency dedicated to promoting the power of public service by fostering a positive, productive, and collaborative workplace where all employees are qualified, empowered, respected, and valued.
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
The El Dorado County is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Their programs and services include Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community and Social Services. The over 600 employees are dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of those in their communities.
This a fully qualified journey-level classification which provides technical support to department information technology systems and services. Positions at this level perform the full range of duties as assigned, work independently, and exercise judgment and initiative. Positions at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Perform a variety of technical support duties within an assigned department; install and configure personal computer hardware, and system applications software; serve as first responder to user problems and issues; diagnose and resolve issues; refer more complex technical issues to central information technology staff or third-party vendors and works with them to resolve these problems.
- Set up personal computer hardware, and install system software and application software, such as word processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphic programs; add and remove terminals, user profiles, and security provisions.
- Create personal computer database applications for department users; identify needs, develop program, and instruct department staff on use; monitor databases to ensure proper updating and for any other operational issues.
- Design or modify computer programs for various department projects; gather information from department staff on specific tasks which require automation; develop scripts; programs code; develop databases; test with end user for functionality, and monitors performance; prepares technical documentation.
- Provide operational instruction and training to users of the department’s personal computer systems and the use of department specific applications.
- Review and recommend hardware and software options for department use; identify appropriate generic or specialized software to meet the needs of the department.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities, please review the job description .
The ideal candidate will have experience providing direct customer support for proprietary software applications. Comfortable with multiple software technologies and coordinating with our internal and external IT teams. The tasks will include everything from password resets, hardware updates, software updates, system corrections, and report writing. This person will enjoy working with non-technical system users and possess patience and encouragement while taking the opportunity to provide on-task training as appropriate.
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations.
– Equivalent to an Associate degree with major coursework in information technology, computer science, or a related field, AND two (2) years of experience providing technical support to desktop computer hardware and software systems.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment and a satisfactory driving record.
to view the minimum qualifications for Information Technology Department Specialist, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the ‘Apply’ link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click ‘Accept’.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Monique Heredia in Human Resources at [email protected]
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
Training and Experience Review (Weighted 100%): A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. A subject matter expert will evaluate each candidate’s responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate’s application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete. Do not refer to resumes, cover letters, or other documentation as they will not be reviewed.
Supplemental questions play an integral role in this recruitment process. Please take the time to provide thoughtful and thorough responses. The information you provide may be used to determine your ranking for referral to specific vacancies. All work experience that is described or included in your response(s) MUST be included in the “Work Experience” section of your application. Do not refer to a resume or other documentation.
For more information on the recruitment process, click .
Based on the department’s needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for the Information Technology Department Specialist. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time, and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months.
- One (1) full time vacancy in the Health and Human Services Agency, located in Placerville, CA
for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
This classification may include positions that are subject to current requiring all workers who provide services or work in facilities covered by the order to (a) have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen of an approved vaccine against COVID-19, or (b) provide valid exemption as permitted by the order. An approved exemption would result in the exempted employee being required to wear a face-covering and be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites – Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history. Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
The County of El Dorado is committed to providing a comprehensive, flexible benefits program to meet your needs!
For your Health and Well-Being:
Flexible Spending Accounts – FSA & HSA
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Basic Life Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Discounts on gym memberships
For your Financial Future:
Deferred Compensation (457) Plans
Optional Life Insurance
For your Work/Life Balance:
Vacation and sick leave accruals To learn more about the benefits offered by the County of El Dorado please visit our website located .
Extra help employees are not considered regular employees, therefore do not attain civil service status, and do not receive benefits or paid leaves; however, they do accrue sick leave consistent with the law.
Expected salary: $75628.8 – 91936 per year
Location: Placerville, CA
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 05:55:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!