Job title: Information Technology – CTE Teacher
Company: Manor Independent School District
Job description: Primary Purpose:
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Dependable performance requires reliable and dependable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other administrator that are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position.
- Teacher will create and implement lesson plans and instruction to intentionally address areas of learning loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic and students learning remotely.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Personal or laptop computer, printer, copier, fax machine, calculator, telephone, electronic mobile devices, projector, video display monitor and related coaching equipment
Physical Demands/Mental Demands/Environmental Factors:
The working conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Regularly sit, talk or hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; frequent repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer; occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-50 pounds; may be required to lift students, control behavior; move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment; frequent, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Occasionally required to stand, walk reach with hands and arms; vision abilities include close vision; and color vision, regularly work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress; the noise level is usually moderate. The employee may spend long hours in intense concentration which requires attention to detail. There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress. The employee must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
Job Title : Information Technology – CTE Teacher
Primary Location : New Tech Middle School
Salary Range : $51,500.00 – 62,000 / 187 days / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Expected salary: $51500 per year
Job date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 03:00:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!