Job title: INBOUND TRANSPORTATION ANALYST
Company: Family Dollar
Job description: Division
Summary of Position (Job Purpose) – Major purpose and functions of the position
- Provide operational support to all areas of the Supply Chain, specifically inbound planning
- Provide customer service support by collaborating with carriers, the DC’s, vendors and transportation to ensure optimal service levels at the lowest possible cost to serve
Principal Duties and Responsibilities –
The primary tasks the associate will perform during his/her work schedule.
- Complete daily transportation routing processes to ensure the highest service levels at the lowest possible landed cost
- Monitor, track and trace carrier pick-ups and deliveries from vendors daily, communicating service challenges and updating systems as appropriate
- Execute reports to support daily operational tasks
- Facilitate effective communication between the vendors, merchants, the DC’s and transportation to report logistics cost, service standards, and transport plan
- Provide customer service support to the entire company to meet each department’s inbound delivery and service requirements
- Complete other analysis, reporting, projects and duties as required
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications – Summary of knowledge, experience and education required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent four years work experience in logistics operations
- Extensive proficiency in MS software applications, specifically MS Excel
- Demonstrated understanding of basic principles of Logistics and Distribution
- Ability to work effectively both independently or as a team
- Ability to successfully apply mathematical concepts to operational challenges
- Ability to solve complex problems to resolution
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to meet aggressive project deadlines
- Must be capable of using operational support software to complete daily tasks
Desired Qualifications – Desired but not required
- Previous experience in transportation or supply chain
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed.
Process Level/Store #
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:23:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!