Job title: HR Specialist/Generalist
Company: Doctors on Duty
Job description: POSITION/JOB SUMMARY:
Cypress is a physician practice management company that provides management services, including HR support, to over 975 employees of 15+ companies in over 35 worksite locations, primarily in Monterey County. This person would be the “go to” person for HR issues, like FMLA and other leaves of absence, labor law questions (e.g., exempt vs. nonexempt, discrimination claims, employment investigations, etc.), benefits information, and recruiting assistance. Cypress utilizes and relies extensively on ADP’s Workforce Now (“WFN”) HR and Benefits system.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Develops and evaluates recruiting resources and strategies. Handles help wanted advertising for staff, physicians and midlevel providers, including drafting job postings and job descriptions. Works with recruiters as necessary
- Conducts initial phone and/or in-person interviews and refers qualified applicants to managers, working with supervisors as appropriate. Ensures that interviewed applicants receive an appropriate job description. Extends job offers. Prepares offer letters when appropriate. Conducts new employee orientations and on-boarding.
- Performs background/reference checks using ADP for select categories of employees.
- Reviews benefits with all new employees; answers ongoing benefit questions.
- Coordinates pre-employment drug screens and physicals.
- Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Tracks and posts OSHA-required data and files reports.
- Addresses employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, interpersonal issues between co-workers or other employee concerns.
- Analyzes relevant market factors for compensation, recruiting and retention purposes. Advises on compensation issues. Proactively provides compensation guidelines to managers for common positions, such as MA, medical receptionist, B&C, and PAs.
- Ensure and oversee the preparation and maintenance of employment records with the goal of electronic personnel files in WFN replacing paper personnel files. Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
- Develops and maintains a list of job descriptions for Cypress and its managed clients.
- Maintains updated Employee Handbooks for Cypress and its managed clients, using Employee Handbook Creator software from California Chamber of Commerce. Effectively and efficiently distributes employee handbooks to new and current employees, preferably in electronic format.
- Assists with annual selection and enrollment of group health and dental plans.
- Conducts exit interviews; provides summaries/feedback to supervising managers.Explains/provides termination information, answers questions. Participates in employee terminations when requested by managers and supervisors.
- Reviews non-routine terminations and written disciplinary actions before they are carried out to ensure they meet the policies and procedures, as well as applicable law.
- Appropriately analyzes issues involving employee discipline, including termination. Handles most routine disciplinary matters with little or no supervision. Help ensure compliance with applicable employment-related laws and regulation. Seeks in-house legal opinions when confronted with unusual, complex situations; termination of employment. Works with outside labor counsel when nature of employment law matters require and as approved by a Cypress executive.
- Streamlines or updates new hire paperwork and forms. Uses features of ADP WFN to automate new hire process.
- Assist with implementation of the performance management system (i.e., performance evaluations) in WFN, with the goals of standardizing performance evaluation tools for the most common job descriptions (e.g., MA, Medical Receptionist, Biller & Collector) and streamlining the annual performance evaluation process for managers and supervisors.
- Uses accurate, clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Maintains a sensitive, fair and impartial approach to dealing with employees.
- Assesses and tracks leaves of absence (e.g., FMLA), using ADP WFN. Timely sends required documentation of LOA to affected employees. Ensures Company’s compliance with laws, rules and regulations regarding protected leave.
- Successfully complies with federal, state and local employment laws. Well informed on common HR issues, particularly leaves of absence, meal and rest breaks, and exempt vs. non-exempt employment status
- Proficiently uses ADP WFN, particularly the HR and Benefits Modules.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to serve as a trusted advisor to the client and leader to team members.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the practice lead physicians to drive organizational goals and deliver highest quality of care while maximizing practice performance.
- Creative, flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities.
- Energetic, takes initiative and able to work in a team environment as well as autonomously when needed.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic. This individual must be innovative, efficient and results focused.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local registration relating to Human Resources, i.e., Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Business Management, Marketing, or other business-related discipline strongly preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Specialist.
- HR experience must involve companies with >100 employees and multiple locations/worksites.
- SHRM CP or SCP preferred.
Location: Monterey, CA
Job date: Sun, 22 May 2022 04:46:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!