Job title: Hotel Operations Manager
Job description: Job Title: Hotel Operations Manager
Company: The Goodstone Inn & Restaurant
Reports To: General Manager
As part of the Goodstone Team, we are committed to inspiring and instilling a passion for excellence and providing you with the opportunity to excel and grow as a team player!
As the first point of contact, you will be part of a high-energy and enthusiastic team, providing our guests with exceptional service with the goal to exceed expectations.
The Hotel Operations Manager sets the example in the provision and delivery of personalized Guest Care and Relations in order to enhance the guest experience of the hotel, thereby creating memories for the guests.
The Hotel Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of guest services, concierge, front office, farm, maintenance, and housekeeping in an attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous manner. The Hotel Operations Manager is also overall responsible for providing all guests with the quality of service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees to meet the high standards set
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly, and courteous service at all times
- Maintain customer service/satisfaction standards; handle customer service issues
- Understand completely and conform to all policies, procedures, guidelines and standards set by Goodstone
- Review department manager’s MARs on a weekly basis, ensuring goals and completion are met
- Respond to any and all corrective action plans from the Controller in a timely manner
- Oversee and ensure that room policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis
- Effectively managing and training department personnel to the highest level of guest service standards to achieve customer satisfaction and return business
- Supervise front office, housekeeping, grounds and maintenance operations and assigned staff, including hiring, training, evaluation performance, terminating, and scheduling work.
- Monitor all front office financial operations, including group billing, verifying rates/discounts, reviewing daily sales reconciliation, petty cash, and room inventory controls
- Formulate room budgets and prepare monthly revenue/expense forecast with the assistance and input from Restaurant Manager with specials and promotions in mind
- Formulate refund policy with the assistance and input of Restaurant Manager
- Work closely as liaison with internal sales personnel
- Effectively manage people in order to maximize the effectiveness of staff and develop their potential
- Assist Director of Sales & Events in collaborating, developing, planning, and executing rooms marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns
- Work closely alongside Restaurant Manager as liaison with internal sales personnel
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Keeps owner, asset manager, and/or controller promptly and fully informed of any issues (i.e. theft, HR issues, unusual matters of significance as well as positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses and actions
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner
- Meets with department team on a regular basis, ensuring employee job responsibilities and assigned tasks are being completed in a timely and effective manner
- Maintains a factorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and positive working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and longevity
- Lead by example and be an integral part of the Rooms team, contributing to the overall effectiveness of your department
- Lead by example in all areas by becoming the expert in all aspects of the restaurant. Be a role model and a teacher.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Hospitality in a senior leadership role
- Excellent communication skills, financial knowledge, sales focus, and time management skills
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional hospitality environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively interact with guests
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism from supervisors
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with last-minute room changes
- Must be able to work inside and out, in all weather conditions
- Must be able to maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is expected to stand for long periods of time; walk; climb stairs comfortably; use hands to finger; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms requires the ability to occasionally lift products, and supplies of up to 50 pounds.
Company Perks and Benefits:
- We are offering full benefits starting on day 61 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, etc.
- 401-K Match after a year
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Employee Referral and Bonus Plan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement:
Goodstone Inn and Restaurant is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Goodstone Inn and Restaurant are proud to be a drug-free workplace. However, screening tests for alcohol and illegal drugs may be performed on applicants and employees as a condition of employment.
Location: Middleburg, VA
Job date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 06:52:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!