Job title: Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor
Company: Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores
Job description: Req ID: 323741
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Housekeeping Supervisors maintain and promote excellence in hospitality and customer service at all times; maintaining cleanliness of guest rooms and common areas and assisting guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner.
JOB SUMMARY: Housekeeping Supervisors will provide superior guest satisfaction while attending to guest needs such as answering guest questions and needs. The candidate will work easily in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic attitude to make a difference in each guest’s day.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers.
- Change and replace all bed linens and towels.
- Sanitize and clean all restrooms.
- Dust/wipe down all room surfaces including but not limited to windows, pictures, mirrors, electronics, appliances, and furniture.
- Vacuum/mop all floors.
- Restock all room amenities.
- Assure all rooms are set up to company standards.
- Cleans and maintains personal workstation by properly stocking it with sheets, towels, amenities, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction for all housekeeping and laundry activities for the hotel to ensure the highest level of cleanliness for both the guest rooms and public area.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, & heart of the house for cleanliness
- Train, motivate, coach, counsel, & discipline staff members
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program
- Prepare weekly schedule
- Maintain supply and linen inventories
- Update room statuses in the computer
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Customer service and prior housekeeping experience required
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register; Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be working within a hotel environment working directly with food and beverages and interacting with the public face-to-face. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dust, dirt, or grime. The noise level in the work environment will be at a low level.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected for this position.
EEO STATEMENT: Love’s Travel Stops Inc. and Its Affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It’s been the guiding principle at Love’s for more than 50 years, and it’s leading us into the future. We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love’s has two primary kinds of stores. Our ‘Country Stores’ are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger ‘Travel Stops’ are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.
Location: Tucumcari, NM
Job date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 22:43:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!