Job title: Hematology Laboratory Tech
Company: Laboratory Corporation of America
Job description: LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Hematology Technologist in Phoenix, AZ.
In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: “Improving Health, Improving Lives”.
Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday 3:30am – 12pm or Tuesday- Saturday 12am-8:30am
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Previous knowledge / experience with Sysmex XN , Siemens CS-5100 , BioRad IH-1000, Siemens Novus/UD/UN is preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 22:34:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!