Job title: Graphic Designer Marketing Manager
Company: Catholic Charities of Central Colorado, Inc.
Job description: The graphic design marketing manager will support the chief communications officer (CCO) in directing and implementing the communications of the organization through the creation of visual assets that drive organizational impact. A key focus is stewarding brand consistency, ensuring all visual communications meet agency EDI values.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage, design, and implement the graphic design strategy for all collateral materials, campaigns, and e-communication while supporting the department with daily marketing and communications tasks. Other key roles include assistance with managing the agency’s internal and external communications and media relations, ensuring message discipline, quality communications, consistent branding, and assisting with activities designed to enhance communication between Catholic Charities and its employees, volunteers, donors, event participants, media representatives, and the community to expand the visibility of Catholic Charities. The position requires hands-on technical skills, a deep understanding and experience with graphic design and corresponding software – Adobe Creative Suites – as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a busy office environment.
Success in this position means strengthening Catholic Charities reputation, visibility, and brand through communication efforts with visually stimulating design across all visual assets. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, thinks outside the box, brings a variety of skills and talents to the position – especially a command of Adobe Creative Suites software, can effectively manage multiple deadlines, produce appropriate and cutting-edge design, and can work with a variety of stakeholders. Catholic Charities’ Communication & Marketing Team encourages staff success through teamwork, transparency, and promoting a healthy work-life balance.
Graphic Design Management
- Responsible for content development, implementation, and daily management of the agency’s visual assets across all media channels and other areas as appropriate.
- Develop quarterly newsletter, print collateral materials, flyers, brochures, invitations, business cards, posters, trade fair materials, graphics for e-communications, etc., ensuring brand standards and design consistency.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites to design & create graphic material and prepare rough and/or finished artwork for professional and internal print jobs.
- Work with outside print companies and copy houses for materials production, pricing, and delivery of final product.
- Periodically visit CCs facilities to ensure appropriate signage and brand standards are implemented throughout.
- Work collaboratively with creative and advertising agencies, the marketing team, and staff to create and implement creative concepts and brand standards.
- Create, implement, and revise strategies for maximizing the use of graphic design to expand the agency’s support base and to enhance relationships with member of the community.
- In conjunction with the CCO, develop and maintain the agency Brand Standards Guide.
- Monitor design trends to ensure best practices and a modern/professional look for CCs communications without begin trendy, always maintaining professional brand standards.
- Provide analytical analysis of all traditional, non-digital advertising (print, outdoor, radio, etc.).
- Proven graphic design skills required.
- Good eye for graphic design; ability to present and graphically depict ideas, information, and data.
- Ensure graphic design is in line with agency brand standards and EDI practices.
Marketing Team Duties
- Strong command of photographic/video technology, hardware/software including editing of photos and videos.
- Maintain photographic and video archives, releases, and tagging of photos.
- Assist in the coordination of communications, special projects, and events.
- Strong writing abilities, editing skills, and eye for detail required.
- Demonstrate a strong orientation toward customer service.
- Perform occasional general administrative support for the department.
- Maintain, develop, and track agency presentation materials for use by agency staff.
- Serve as an escort for media representatives while at the agency.
- Provide backup to team members as needed.
- Deliver all projects on time and within budget.
- Interview clients for written & video material.
- Graphic design professional skills
- Adobe Creative Suites, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Digital marketing, advertising, website, and print design
- Knowledge of ROI practices as it relates to print and market promotion
- Photography, video, editing (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.).
- Email marketing design – Constant Contact
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 365 including SharePoint and Power BI
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish and fluency in English (verbal and written), or proficiency in another language spoken by immigrants in the region covered by the Diocese of Colorado Springs a plus.
- A majority of the assigned duties are performed in an office environment.
- The employee is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this position.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, marketing, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in design, marketing, communications, public relations, or related field required.
- Proven design skills via samples of work.
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Willingness to learn new skills as marketing needs arise. Goal-oriented team player.
- Demonstrated ability to apply culturally appropriate skills in interactions with clients, co-workers, volunteers, partner agencies, and other community members and in the produced work product.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, listening, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and maintain positive work relationships.
- Ability and willingness to work within the established structure of Catholic Charities.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required to accommodate meetings and special events.
The salary range for this position is $49,880 – $53,988. Salary is determined based on the applicant’s incoming skills and experience, and the budget at time of hiring.
- Full Time: 40 hours per week
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Discretionary Time Off (used for sick leave and vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Leave and Unpaid Leave
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance after 30 days of employment
- Long-term Disability Insurance after 6 months of employment
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Life Insurance
- $2,000 Dependent Life Insurance for spouse and each eligible child
- $50,000 Term Life/AD&D (accidental death & dismemberment) Insurance
- Pension Plan (6-8% of wages plus interest) with 20% vesting after 1 year of service
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catholic Charities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and length, protective hairstyles), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.
Applicants and employees need not be Catholic. However, all employees are governed by Canon Law or the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Expected salary: $49880 per year
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 07:59:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!