Job title: Global Category Manager -, PROJECT KUIPER SPACE – STARTUP
Job description: DESCRIPTION
The Kuiper team is looking for a global category sourcing leader to support business and engineering stakeholders in selecting, developing and managing business relationships with critical technology and service suppliers, and others as needed to execute on Kuiper objectives.
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by helping to develop creative assets for Kuiper? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for design and a desire to bring delightful, cutting-edge products and services to life in an entirely new way? This describes your daily journey. Are you ready? Then join us on Project Kuiper.
Key job responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record developing and executing sourcing strategies, negotiating agreements and statements of work, and managing supplier performance. Experience working in new and ambiguous environments while solving complex problems with a broad range of cross functional stakeholders will be an advantage.
A day in the life
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Drive hardware delivery through the product life cycle from requirements development to on-dock (on time at the right quality and cost)
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify and execute projects/opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and industry developments that benefit Amazon’s customers
- Work with a range of stakeholders including business leaders, engineering leaders, legal, program management, and supply chain to negotiate a variety of agreements and contracts including term sheets, MOUs, NDAs, SOWs, development agreements, component purchase agreements and others
- Influence suppliers’ manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations
- Prioritize projects and activities to deliver maximum cost reductions and reliable supply
- Manage cross-functional projects against plans and objectives to meet commitments and goals
- Drive financial modeling of large and complex deals
- Evaluate and monitor critical supplier performance, including financial health, quality, on-time delivery, and cost
- Ensure orders are released and on schedule to meet needs of the production system
- Mentor junior sourcing employees on contract negotiation and vendor management
- Effectively lead cross-functional meetings with clear document writing, agenda creation, note capture and follow-up activity coordination
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the supply chain
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
About the team
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon has ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space based systems design and wireless systems.
- BS degree in business, engineering, or a scientific field
- 1+ years of experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain management or program management
- 1+ years experience with supplier negotiation, purchasing agreements or development agreements
- 1+ years of experience developing and negotiating business deals associated with high-specification manufacturing or technology
- Experience managing large value, multi-year contracts for complex engineered products
- Experience developing clean sheet should-cost model to analyze and negotiate contract price with required capacity
- Experience in manufacturing operations
- Experience in Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, and/or Consumer Electronics industries
- Experience working with a range of partners and component suppliers, including those engaged in technology development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Redmond, WA
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 02:17:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!