Job title: Full-Time Law Clerk (Hybrid Remote)
Company: AITHERAS, LLC
Job description: Title: Law Clerk I
Location: Washington, DC (Hybrid remote)
Employment: Full-time (40 hours a week and no weekends)
Compensation: Minimum of 32.36/hr + $4.48/hr in Health and Welfare (government stipend for health coverage)
However we are negotiable on salary
Overview of Role:
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
in Washington, DC has three openings for a Law Clerk I to work in a downtown Washington, DC DOJ office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice achieve their mission.
This position will work under the direction of a Project Supervisor or Project Manager.
The full-time, on-site Law Clerk will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Proof and cite-check appellate briefs utilizing “The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation”
- Generate tables of contents and authorities for appellate briefs
- Update internal settlement memo database on an ongoing basis
- Compile documentation necessary for approval of payment of court judgments by an assistant director; transmit approved documents to client agency (HHS) on a weekly basis
- Utilize JEFS to transmit case documents (exhibits, medical records) to client agency on a daily basis
- Update internal electronic case folders with exhibits and medical records as needed
- Notify client agency of case assignments on a weekly basis
- Assist attorneys with drafting pleadings and internal memoranda as needed
- Attend monthly staff meetings with the staff of the Office of Vaccine Litigation
- Meet weekly with the deputy director to go over assignments
- Assist with case processing by reviewing medical documents and drafting summary of contents
Requires law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least
one year of study or, an equivalent level of legal training or experience or an equivalent level of education may be substituted. * Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw. Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
*Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
*Experience conducting legal medical records review and ability to summarize medical records.
*Familiarity with medical terms.
*Extensive Cite Checking / Blue Booking Experience
*Ability to consistently deliver highest quality of work under extreme pressure will be very important.
*Highly detail oriented individual.
*Active security clearance, preferred.
*Experience working in litigation databases such as Relativity is a plus
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 04:02:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!