Job title: Fixture Installer
Company: Groom Construction Co.
Job description: Groom Construction is proud to be a family-owned company with a commitment to our employees that extends beyond “just business”. We are committed to developing happy and healthy employees who are just as passionate about construction as we are. Groom offers an array of benefits to ensure you and your future are well cared for.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Fixture Installers will work on retail construction projects throughout the country. Applicants must have the ability to travel for a minimum of 3-4 weeks at a time; have previous fixture installation experience; a valid driver’s license; and basic carpentry skills. Experience with finished carpentry, tiling (VCT and/or ceramic), painting, drywall, framing (wood or metal stud) is a plus. Applicants must carry themselves in a professional manner and must be able to work in a team environment.
- Perform Fixture Installations and construction-related tasks within retail stores on a nationwide basis
- Work closely with other installers, Superintendents, Project Managers, and personnel from retail stores, subcontractors, and other general contractors.
- Adhere to project schedules to ensure that milestones are met
- Ability to travel for 3-4 weeks at a time
- Ability to work day, nights, and weekends, as required.
- Previous fixture installation experience recommended
- Basic carpentry skills – experience with finished carpentry, tiling, painting, drywall, laminating skills, carpet installation, etc. is ideal.
- OSHA 10 certification – those not currently certified will be required to become certified prior to being deployed on a project (Groom will cover all costs)
- Fork Lift & First Aid certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Tool Bag & basic hand tools
- Paid time off and Holidays
- 401k Pension Pan with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability and Basic Life 100% employer paid
- Employee Assistance
- Discounts on Travel, Event Tickets and Verizon Wireless
- Training and Development
Location: Salem, MA
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:40:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!