Job title: Finance / Accounting Manager – Portland, OR (Hybrid)
Job description: PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
The position is responsible for functional oversight of the day-to-day operations of a geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has a significant impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establish and implement business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manage and allocate financial resources. Implement and support Company programs and policies.
- Oversee accounting functions for the corporate finance organization, including:
o Regulatory accounting,
o Back-end retail revenue accounting,
o Benefits accounting,
o Environmental and asset retirement obligation accounting
o Cash flow statement preparation and review
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations associated with above areas including the maintenance of complete and accurate documentation supporting transactions and balances.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable SOX controls and month-end close accounting and reporting requirements under both GAAP and FERC.
- Respond to data requests from auditors, regulation, and other ad hoc assignments from corporate finance management.
- Actively participate in business transformation initiatives including system implementations as they relate to the corporate accounting team.
- Develop and establish policies, procedures, understand business processes, and interpret contracts.
- Analyze, prepare, and interpret financial statements and reports.
- Report financial and operational performance variances against target including trend analysis and interpretation of movements in key performance indicators.
- Recommend and implement action plans for achieving objectives.
- Plan and manage the work of the functional group. Lead projects and initiatives.
- Lead the functional team; direct day-to-day activities and provide guidance and recommendations.
- Provide input into team employee performance reviews. Flag performance and personnel issues for people manager resolution.
- Train and develop functional group team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years directly related experience.
- A minimum of three years of managerial or functional management experience.
- Management skills including the ability to establish objectives, execute policy, monitor resources, and manage the development or implementation of a system, program, or process.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions, and to mobilize resources to produce desired business results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate team members.
- Solid understanding of internal controls, familiarity with financial reporting, and an instilled commitment to accurate on-time completion of monthly departmental tasks and responsibilities.
- Advanced Degree.
- Working knowledge of the Company’s accounting system interfaces including RVN, EDW and ELI and as well as experience with JVA would be desirable.
- Knowledge of SEC and FERC reporting and disclosure requirements would also be preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Req Id: 108524
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: Portland, OR (Hybrid)
Department: Oracle Finance Transformation
Personnel Subarea: EXEMPT
Hiring Range: $110,300.00 – $129,800.00
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 15.00% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp’s policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Career Segment: CPA, Accounting, Corporate Finance, ERP, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Legal
Expected salary: $110300 – 129800 per year
Location: Portland, OR
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 02:29:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!