Job title: Executive Director, Strategy, Education & Operations
Company: Iovance Biotherapeutics
Job description: Overview
The Executive Director of Strategy, Education & Operations for Iovance Medical Affairs is responsible for developing and overseeing the KOL Engagement, Independent Medical Education/Grants, Congress and Medical Information plans. In addition to these functions, this position will work cross-functionally to deliver and manage the strategic operational plan for Medical Affairs. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Medical Affairs. The successful candidate will be a key team member of a well-established organization, and someone who is passionate about working with others in complex, changing, and fast-paced environments.
- Support collaboration, planning, and execution of the Iovance Medical Affairs strategic plan through implementing an inclusive and comprehensive approach to meeting, decision-making, and resource allocation among the MALT
- Oversee compliant and efficient operations supporting grants & education, advisory boards, congress logistics, and other operational requirements as needed
- Act as a key strategic thought partner for the MALT. Proactively highlight issues and opportunities for the business and lead the follow-up action planning
- Enable an inclusive, empowered, and curious culture through feedback forums, learning opportunities, and ongoing insight gathering
- Lead a team responsible for strategic insights, planning, and operations. Gather and synthesize insights from customer-facing team insights, and other available metrics
- Establish, oversee and drive best practices (e.g. compliance/SOP oversight, policy implementation, vendor management, competitive literature monitoring, creation and maintenance of Standard Response Letters) for the Iovance Medical Information Call Center.
- Create and maintain key performance indicators and reporting dashboards to drive continuous learning and improvement in collaboration with the MALT and other leaders across the organization
- Accountable for the planning and implementation of the strategy that will include budget management, headcount, and other relevant business operations in partnership with the MALT and aligned with the corporate planning function
- Represent Medical when VP is not present at cross-functional and regional governance meetings, pivotal initiatives, and project or portfolio reviews. In this capacity, will also sit on compliance committees and implementation of SOPs and training
- Provide leadership and oversight of KOL engagement strategy
- Working with VP of Medical Affairs, manage activities of the MALT, planning calendar, talent and culture development, and strategic events throughout the year
- Track and manage medical resources, including headcount and tactical budget, partnering with Finance & Human Resources. Ensure organizational structure and capability meet the strategic priorities for near-term and long-term
Education and Qualifications
- 12+ years of experience in medical affairs within the biopharmaceutical industry
- Master’s Degree required; Doctorate strongly preferred
- Experience in oncology required, experience with Cell Therapy preferred
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- A track record of building strong partnerships and cross-functional collaborations. Must exhibit inclusive peer leadership skills and an ability to influence without authority. Prior leadership experience is required.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution-oriented
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Skilled at clearly communicating the insight as well as the implications and recommendations distilled from the analysis
- Strong project management experience with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- New product launch experience desired
By voluntarily providing information and clicking “Submit Application”, you explicitly consent to the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described above and in our .
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:24:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!