Job title: Engineering Technician 1 (Field Service, semiconductor)
Company: Limitless Talent Solutions
Job description: Overview:
This company has an exciting, entry level opportunity in Northern Oregon (Portland/Hillsboro area) to support our photolithography equipment customers and enable them to utilize cutting edge technology in their semiconductor manufacturing process. You will be trained to support the company’s lithography equipment (steppers and scanners).
This position requires full-time presence at your assigned office(s)/worksite(s).
- Install, repair, calibrate and maintain semiconductor process equipment while minimizing equipment down time. Escalate advanced repairs as needed, to senior level technicians.
- Monitor, inspect and maintain semiconductor equipment in order to prevent and minimize malfunctions.
- Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activity and provide periodic reports
- Monitor stock level of service parts and equipment to ensure adequate inventory is available for repair work
- Provide training and assistance to technicians and may provide basic instruction to customers.
- Participate in ongoing technical training to expand technical expertise.
Please note: this is a customer-facing role, and requires compliance with customer policies and protocols, which may include COVID-19 vaccination and other measures relating to COVID-19
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred plus 0-2 years of experience.
- Prefer 1 – 2 years of related (electromechanical) work experience (i.e. field service engineer or technician position in a semiconductor equipment company or a technical position in the engineering field). Litho experience preferred, experience on high precision equipment helpful.
- May require up to 50% travel for training in the first 6 months, after which travel may be up to 40% (valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- Requires MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Position may require travel to other offices/customer sites within the US. Some overseas travel as needed.
- Requires ability to work flexible shifts, compressed work weeks.
- This position requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies.
- Requires ability to lift up to 30 pounds individually and for lifting over 30 pounds assistance may be available.
- Substantial amount of standing, walking, typing, grasping, talking and hearing.
- Substantial amount of driving required, sometime for multiple hours at a time.
- Occasionally kneeling, crouching, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and climbing stairs or ladder.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity with or without corrective lenses for extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Working primarily in a cleanroom environment (wearing full clean room suit, facemask, gloves, safety glasses)
- The work environment may include a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals, ultraviolet light and lasers, working in enclosed spaces, close quarters, narrow aisles or passageways.
The work environment may include working in highly time sensitive situations requiring quick resolution including equipment problems
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 22:15:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!