Job title: Engineering Technical Strategist – Converting Process
Job description: Engineering Technical Strategist – Converting Process
Customers and collaborative partners:
Mill leaders, technical leaders, strategic capacity planning, capital engineering, manufacturing engineering & operations leaders, and external manufacturing.
- Category: KC Professional global portfolio (HH&T, Wipers)
- Supply chain: 10+ internal factories
- SKU’s: 1000+
- Manufacturing environment: industrial
- Compliance environment: EPA, FDA, CE, TAA
- Converting capacity planning – Collaborating with the strategic planning team, identify forecasted constraints across our internal and external asset fleet and develop mitigating solutions and recommendations
- Network capability planning – Collaborating with our innovation and technology teams, understand our future capability needs vs. our current capability set and assess needed improvements in our converting asset base (Full Potential and Continuous Improvement)
- OEE / ECS Capital planning – Collaborating with manufacturing directors, mill operations, and capital engineering, develop capital justifications and priorities to drive best in class performance across our existing asset base.
- Develop a converting technical team focused on driving best in class converting performance through data-based models assess / drive positive changes on converting asset performance
- Stakeholder relationship management – provide regular updates with key commercial & functional leaders to gather their input and/or alignment
- Support semi-annual capacity balance and manufacturing footprint analysis to ensure efforts are focused in areas most impactful to the business
- Facilitate an extended converting technical team inclusive of asset leads and engineers, vendors, and other experts as necessary
- Develop a knowledge management framework for network asset capability & availability across internal mill assets (within KCP and Family Care) as well as external suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Chemical or Paper Engineering or Sciences
- 10-15+ years of experience within industry / category
- Excellent project management skill
- Paper / Converting manufacturing technology subject matter expert
- Effective and influential communication (verbal and written) in the English language
- Capable of traveling up to 30%
- Willingness to flex work hours as necessary to engage with global teams and supply partners in various time zones
- Strong demonstrated competency in value stream mapping
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Sciences from accredited university
- Consulting experience within category
- Certified lean six sigma black belt
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
And finally, the fine print…
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
Primary Location USA-AL-Mobile
Additional Locations USA-GA-Atlanta-Roswell
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time
Location: Mobile, AL
Job date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 05:34:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!