Job title: Engineering Tech
Company: Lionbridge Technologies
Job description: Employment Type: Regular FT Hourly
Work Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Position Title: Engineering Tech
Requisition ID#: 48494
Lionbridge is seeking an Engineering Technician, for our team in Corvallis, OR
You will assist engineers to develop, coordinate, and control the technical activities of manufacturing processes, quality, tooling development or application engineering depending on the engineering discipline. The candidate may be responsible for cost reduction initiatives, developing and specifying fixtures and tools, developing layouts for implementation of new products, development of work standards, technical support for production and proto assemblies, development of quality tools and root cause analysis.
What you will do
- Implementation of customer focused process and product development improvements.
- Utilize root cause analysis and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Apply proven lean manufacturing principles to identify opportunities for cost reduction, lead-time reduction, and quality improvement.
- Develop technical solutions to complex production and proto assembly issues and challenges.
- Key member on project development and /or implementation team for new products and process improvement of existing products as assigned. This may include development of floor plan layouts, documentation and troubleshooting of new and existing processes, and responding to floor issues as required to ensure productive flow on our lines/zones.
- Perform continuous improvement of safe processes and monitor existing processes to ensure the safety of our production operators/technicians.
- Inspect and verify questionable parts/ products to determine if they meet defined specifications for fit, form, function, or any other metric that the customer considers a measure of quality.
- Develop process and documentation for new and current product incoming parts specifications, quality checklists, etc.
- Consult with cross-functional team and customers to ensure quality and production goals of the organization are met.
To be successful you will have
- “*** Candidates should be aware that Lionbridge maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated. *** (Please see below for complete vaccination policy statement) “
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Follow Operations supervisor/manager and engineers direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics
- Ability to use and understand general test/measurement equipment including calipers, height gauges, etc.
- Background in practical mechanics and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) JMP experience is a plus Experience in a regulated work environment such as ISO is a plus
What we offer:
- Full time job contract;
- Employee benefits package
- Work in a creative team and friendly environment;
- Professional development opportunities in a multi-cultural environment – Lionbridge has offices in over 20 countries and many of these offices work collaboratively on projects, exposing our employees to a wide range of cultures and work styles;
- Access to training platform.
Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, MA, Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries.
*** Candidates should be aware that Lionbridge maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated by their start date, unless living or working in a state that prohibits vaccine mandates and the position is not associated with a Federal contract. Lionbridge is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Breaking Barriers. Building Bridges.
Location: Corvallis, OR
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 03:48:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!