Job title: Engineering Specialist – MFG
Job description: Job Description & Qualifications
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you’ll be able to do:
In this key role, you will be responsible for all FTPM activities within the Manufacturing department. This will involve planning and coordinating will critical maintenance activities, including preventive, planned and crisis maintenance. You will:
- Ensure all safety standards are met during maintenance activities
- Optimize current production processes
- Coach plants in continuous improvement, standardization, and lean concepts
- Help address equipment down time issues
- Develop preventive/predictive maintenance practices to ensure 100% equipment uptime
- Train and educate plant personnel and leadership
- Provide input on new equipment design and purchase
- Support new model/equipment launch
- Lead quality-related actions for machine reliability improvements
- Serve as point of contact to Plant Engineering, local vendors and commodity suppliers
- Drive maintenance cost and budget control and key metrics
- Deliver regular reports on maintenance metrics
- Ensure all areas operate to FPS tools and FTPM initiatives
- Inspire teams to provide ideas to improve equipment availability and document in R&M reports
- Support and coach problem solving activities to improve reliability and maintainability
- Coordinate maintenance planning and shutdown planning actions
- Support work group/department meetings regarding equipment improvement and JPH actions
- Actively participate in JPH roadmap reviews
- Provide technical assistance
- Identify training needs and coordinate training for skilled employees
- Work with CORA, MAXIMO, QLSCM, POSMON and any other required system
- Coordinate skilled personnel during breakdowns to fix issues with the minimal disturbance
- Ensure resources are planned during line breaks
- Participate in interplant benchmarking exercises
- Support simultaneous engineering meetings, forward planning and product design
- Ability to travel extensively domestic
- Optimize equipment programs and trouble shoot issues to identify root cause
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Associate’s degree in technology
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, industrial or electrical/automation engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in manufacturing
- Stamping experience
- Knowledge of robot/interpress transfer (e.g., ABB/Fanuc/Gudel)
- Understanding of stamping/forging process and equipment
- Vision experience (e.g., Cognex)
- PLC proficiency
- Lean implementation experience
- AutoCAD expertise
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Ford Motor Company
Manufacturing Plants (MFG)
Powertrain Operations Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Job date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 05:27:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!