Job title: Engineering Manager
Job description: Business Segment
Operations & Technology
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you both engineering and customer obsessed? We are seeking an Engineering Manager to lead and manage initiatives within our custom application engineering team. You’re right for this role if you have experience driving to increase levels of reliability, automation, and customer satisfaction. Your technical expertise working among software delivery teams using modern development tools and public cloud platforms will help you mentor, guide, and grow the skills of the team.
As a member of NBCUniversal’s SRC Team, you will be part of a new effort to define how the organization builds custom applications on the cloud. This is a unique role in that it can touch every NBCUniversal business, both creative and operational, creating applications that redefine how we do business.
- Manage budgets and vendor/client contracts and relationships.
- Lead the planning, implementation and communication of new engineering and product practices.
- Drive metrics standardization, gathering, and automation. Analyze and report resulting metrics and adjust the overall team strategy accordingly with engineering leadership; define the value and return of an application
- Analyze customer needs and develop engineering team roadmap and backlog based on organization goals and customer impact
- Establish productive relationships with internal Cloud, Architecture, Cyber Security, and Business Engagement teams to ensure the organization can deliver software on time on the most appropriate technology available.
- Define and manage projects and products that improve our software products’ consistency, reliability, and security.
- Participate in budgeting and proposal efforts by completing project scoping, cost-benefit analyses, and level of effort assessments.
- Actively participate in hiring the best talent for the Engineering team to create a high functioning, collaborative, and fun team
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team and assist in their professional development
Technology & Engineering
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 03:15:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!