Job title: Engineering Domain/Metier Group Manager
Job description: Alstom’s approach can be summarized in one word – “fluidity”. Alstom is a global leader in passenger, freight and mining rail transportation, signalling, and infrastructure, and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. We are a global leader in the transportation sector, in the digital age. As a promoter of sustainable mobility, Alstom develops and markets systems, equipment and services for the transport sector. We offer a complete range of solutions (from high-speed trains to metros, tramways and e-buses), passenger solutions, customized services (maintenance, modernization), infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Alstom is a world leader in integrated transport systems. Visit to learn more about our business.
Lead a team involved in a set of programs or projects, ensuring quality target and repeatable performances. Staff the team and follow-up program/project strategy definition and task execution, delivering as per QCD commitments. Identify, generalize and stabilize best practices, proposing deployment Alstom-wide. Lead continuous team improvement, plan trainings and coach the team, nurture skill growth and capitalization. Stand as reference in your domain, for both your team and your peers.
As a Group Manager, you will interact with all team members, so your communication as well as your motivation skills should be excellent. Ultimately, you should lead by being recognized as a domain authority, committed to achievement.
- Agree and implement with the department head and the peer domain leaders the department guidelines (team profile and skills, growth plans, discipline evolutions in terms of technology, competitiveness, …)
- Develop and maintain Métier / domain competences, coaching the team and growing World Class Engineering Experts
- Set clear team goals, delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Provide support to team project/program execution
- Promote Alstom values to his/her team
- Continuously motivate, encourage, evaluate and recognize, train and develop resources, in cooperation with HR, as per approved performance evaluation process and targets
- Deploy ADM Process, Methods and Tools in Project Engineering team, providing feedback for Process reviews
- Collect REX from execution and innovation opportunities to feed Reference Library where applicable and share outcomes at department level
- Estimate / Validate activities quotations for tenders and projects
- Manage adequacy between estimated workload and capacity, taking into account subcontracting & business strategies; report status and issues to department head
- Commit in Project/Program/Tender QCD related to its Métier/domain
Key job authorities and dimensions:
- Staffing (hiring management, recruitment process)
- Budget (workpackages and capex)
- Department size can be assumed to range between 5-10 people/500-1000 k€
- KPI 1: Staffing: Total Capacity versus Workload, analysis and action plan, in line with budget targets.
- KPI 2: Métiers KPI
- KPI 3: Team maturity level and polyvalence
- Bachelors Degree of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or scientific subjects
- English, full proficient use
- Master degree in engineering or scientific topics
- Engineering and processes background
- Experience in project/program execution and management
- Specific hands-on experience in his own Métier/Domain
- Experience and understanding in project effort estimation
- Knowledge of several Alstom platform
- Involvement in projects with teams in other Regional and Development Centers
- Established networking
Competencies & Skills:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- (Self) entrepreneurial
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
Alstom offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. Alstom recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee. Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Make switch to a new track and join Alstom today!
Alstom abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Alstom provides reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans (including but not limited to other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and mental limitations). If you need a reasonable accommodation/assistance for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please note this in our online application.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Additionally, upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States.
Location: Rochester, NY
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:04:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!