Job title: Engineering Associate (Network Engineering & New Business)
Job description: Company Description
Veolia is the world’s leading environmental services company with ~179,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients’ energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries.
Under the direction of Manager Network Engineering and New Business Engineer, this person will develop, implement and manage capital improvement projects for transmission, distribution and treatment systems, including preliminary concept development, detailed engineering design, cost-estimations, bidding, construction supervision, start up process, as-built plans, refunds calculations, easement agreements and O&M manuals for all New Business Projects.
Responsibilities will include capital project delivery from inception to completion, including preliminary conceptual development, detailed engineering design with support of external engineering consultants; construction cost estimation, procurement, construction administration, supervision and inspection, startup and commissioning, and project closeout documentation delivery, including as-built plans.
The Engineer will mainly manage all New Business projects for the Hackensack/Franklin Lakes system. Incumbent will also assist with New Business projects in the Highlands systems located in Passaic and Sussex Counties, in New Jersey as needed. This position will work on both water and wastewater networks; however, the majority of projects and responsibilities are in water.
- Prepare preliminary, engineering, and detailed cost estimates
- Project budget development and cost tracking and expenditure forecasting. Track and report on project expenditures to ensure they are aligned with budget and prioritize projects based on available funding and risk assessment
- Manage several projects simultaneously ranging in scope from small to very large
- Prepare bid documents and coordinate procurement with supply chain management (SCM) department
- Prepare material requisitions forms (MSRs)
- Prepare funding projects and updating asset data base for newly created assets
- Manage pipe condition assessment projects
- Provide engineering support (on and off-site) during emergencies and large main breaks and other emergencies
- Mainly manage New Business Department new extensions projects.
- Communicate regularly in written form (email, memoranda, reports, status updates, etc.) and verbally (group meetings, virtual calls, internal presentations, external presentations)
- Prepare refund calculations for developer-funded water main extensions
- Track developments for annual master permit updates
- Review / approve all fire suppression calculation reports associated with any new or enlarged fire service.
- Work independently to manage all capital programs and specific projects for the New Business Department. Work directly with the Operations and T&D group to understand their needs in meeting operational, compliance, and health & safety goals
- Manage the design (either internal or external) and construction of small and large New Business Engineering projects
- Provide support to the Director of Engineering & Manager of Network Engineering and the Rates Department as needed during the preparation of the rate case filling, DSIC filing as well as responding to the rate case and DSIC interrogatories
- Assist the Director of Engineering & Manager of Network Engineering in developing analysis and reports to be provided to regulators, internal or external customers as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering
Engineer in Training certificate is a must
Strong experience and expertise in Network Engineering utility projects and project management is required for this role
Experience in managing Network Engineering utility projects projects
Experience in managing and adhering to project budgets and schedules
4 years + of engineering experience in related field
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus
Additional Skills/Abilities Needed:
Possesses broad knowledge of multiple processes and/or engineering disciplines, augmented with good experience and seasoning, to the point where he/she can address complex projects or address complex challenges, such as leading a response to an emergency. Must be able to propose capital projects, or identify other work that will benefit SUEZ and/or its customers, based on their expertise in one or more areas
Excellent analytical, organizational, computer and interpersonal skills
Exercise discretion and independent judgment
Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is necessary. AutoCAD, ESRI/GIS, PowerPlan, INFOR experience is a plus
Hydraulic Modeling experience is a plus.
Strong experience and expertise in Network Engineering utility projects and project management is required for this role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Job date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 05:08:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!