Job title: Embedded Banking API Software Engineer
Job description: Location: For Those Who Work At Home – Various, Ohio 44145
Embedded Banking (encompassing BaaS, Open Banking, ERP Integration, Embedded Finance, Gateway and more) is a top priority for Key to support the growing demand of Fintech partners and tech savvy corporate clients.
As an API Engineer, you will support the initiative by developing the APIS and backend services and software.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, design, develop, test and implement RESTful services and APIs
- Be involved in the development life cycle and perform definition and feasibility analysis.
- Modify existing programs, prepare test data and functional specifications
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and defects
- Identify potential performance improvement areas
- Implement backend services that integrate to databases and core banking platforms.
- Write object-oriented, clean and maintainable code with minimal supervision
- Follows and recommends IT standards (e.g. info security, audit, compliance, etc.).
- Assesses the technical viability of new and existing solutions and capabilities.
- Contributes to technical documentation, specifications, and project artifacts to deliver: mature monitoring, improved resiliency, and high availability.
- Creating and reviewing requirements and specifications for APIs
- Defining high-level application platform architectural guidelines and articulating the reasoning and trade-offs for choices to business owners
- Creating and setting best practices for developing clean, maintainable, testable code for work assigned
- Working closely with cross-organizational development teams to ensure API development is done to meet the specifications.
- Working with API vendors and Fintech partners for integrations
- Applying proper security and architectural standards for code development.
Required Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Science or Information Systems Management or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing APIs
- At least 3 years of experience with Java & J2EE Spring Boot
- Hands-on experience in Object Oriented Design
- Experience with design and development of RESTful API platform
- Experience with web security frameworks – e.g. JWT, OAUTH
- Experience with code versioning tools – e.g. Git, SVN
- Experience with the following tools & technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Selenium, GIT, Swagger, SonarQube. (I crossed these out only b/c they were mentioned in other bullets)
- Passionate about learning new tools, languages, and workflows
- Proficient in SQL and Stored Procedures
- Experience in creating REST API Documentation using OpenAPI/Swagger Specs. Swagger and Yaml, or similar tools
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with DevOps concepts, CI/CD, testing automation
- Experience with unit, functional, regression and performance testing
- Experience with build automation tools like Maven and/or Gradle
Preferred Experience / Skills
- Experience working on teams that have employed agile and lean methodologies
- Experience with API Management tools and API Developer portals
- Experience with Commercial Banking products and payment applications
- Experience with GKE/Kubernetes
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Experience working with mainframe & banking software systems
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing .
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 03:03:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!