Job title: Director of Sales – Digital Media, Advertising, and Multimedia
Job description: Company Description
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry. Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology. Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
Are you an exceptional sales leader who thrives on leading and developing an amazing sales team to new heights? Do you enjoy the nature of an inspirational coach role where you can make a direct impact by generating revenue ideas and empowering your team members to create a strong, high-performing, diverse and inclusive environment where everyone flourishes?
Informa Tech is seeking the next inspiring Sales Director of Digital Media for our industry leading Enterprise IT and Cyber media portfolio. You will have amazing success at Informa Tech if you are a revenue driven, motivated leader with long-term growth and development aspirations. Please apply if you are ready to jump in and start contributing right away to some of our most high-profile brands in the fast-paced technology sector.
With a focus on growth, new business, product development, and expanding customer base, these communities are poised for an amazing year in 2022 and beyond. Informa Tech has a clear and public directive to rapidly grow our digital advertising business. The Enterprise IT and Cyber portfolio serves the largest technology B2B clients with end-to-end information services while keeping the community we serve at the forefront.
The Director of Sales, Digital Media will manage some of our largest brands including Dark Reading, InformationWeek, Network Computing, Interop, ITPro Today and Data Center Knowledge. Technology has been leading the charge on keeping companies running, and Informa Tech connects and empowers the ones who decide and shape the future of business. We would love to have you join as a leader of our team of passionate, smart, and motivated sales professionals. Are you the right person to take it to the next level?
This is a sales leadership role that is accountable for driving sales through an experienced team of 5 high performing sales professionals. Lead, manage, and develop a team of sales professionals, along with creating new products in the evolving information services world.
- · Own the development of integrated sales strategies and plans, ensuring they are effectively communicated and executed by the wider team.
- · Management and Leadership capability: able to recruit, hire, onboard, manage and motivate a high-performing sales team.
- · Create best practice sales environment, driving sales efficiency and effectiveness, using company’s sales excellence framework & tools
- · Ability to read and analyze data and use data to measure and improve performance of the team and the business.
- · Building and executing a plan for territories to retain and upsell clients, identifying needs to drive additional value, increasing total revenue per customer. Driving success through sales teams achieving and exceeding goals/KPIs.
- · Proactively identifying new prospects and new business opportunities.
- · Deep understanding of the competitive external market; understanding and staying current on trends impacting clients and customers.
- · Reporting accurate personal and team-based forecasting and performance metrics to key internal and external stakeholders, highlighting revenue risks and opportunities.
- · Identifying and participating in the development of new products, solutions, and target market prospects to secure high-value new business
- · Developing key account relationships, exploring and developing strategic account plans to identify opportunities to cross/upsell, involving internal specialists in the process to align with business and customer needs.
- · Fostering and leading internal partnerships, ensuring collaboration is driven with a customer focus.
- · Develop and maintain positive working relationships across Informa
What you will need to succeed
- · 10+ years industry knowledge with demonstrable Media/Digital sales management experience
- · Excellent management and coaching skills: ability to observe, evaluate, and give meaningful feedback
- · Planning, developing, and executing strategic sales plans and accurate forecasting
- · Growing key accounts and acquiring new business, consultatively selling across high-value event sponsorship, traditional media, and new digital opportunities, handling multiple complex proposals
- · Undertaking mapping and analysis exercises on both product and client base, and competitor landscape, using analytical skill to review data, draw conclusions and actionable takeaways
- · Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior decision-makers at companies of all sizes
- · Exceptional communicator both verbal and written, and adept and creating and delivering presentations
- · Able to motivate a globally dispersed Team and can work successfully in a matrix organization
- · Advanced knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM to manage and forecast sales opportunities
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP – become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job .
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 06:59:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!