Job title: Director of Inbound Freight & Transportation
Company: Duluth Trading
Job description: Description :
Started in 1989, Duluth Trading Company exists to enable hard-working individuals to take on life with their own two hands. Folks that revel in doing it the hard way and celebrate finding a better way. We seek talented individuals who share these beliefs and are excited to further the Duluth Trading legacy with a digital-first mindset, always moving forward and always innovating.
From ingenious Duluth workwear, to comfortably capable Buck Naked Underwear, to outside-embracing AKHG, to meticulously built and sourced Best Made, it’s all about the innovative gear and gadgets that equip customers for a more hands-on way of life.
Top-notch quality, immersive storytelling, outstanding customer service, and the shared belief that the go-all-in-and-dig-deep spirit exists with everyone are what sets Duluth Trading Co. apart. We seek talented folks looking to be part of a can-do team that’s hellbent on helping the world to gear up, get its hands dirty, and do.
At Duluth Trading Company, we fundamentally believe in strong in-person interactions as our culture thrives when we learn, create, and collaborate with each other. We also believe that the future of work at Duluth Trading Company includes flexibility. The position will be based in our corporate headquarters, near Madison, WI, but it will offer a hybrid work arrangement allowing the flexibility to work a few days a week from home.
What You’ll Do:
- Contributes strategically to the supply chain leadership team and successfully implements best-in-class inbound & outbound freight management.
- Is responsible for post-factory transportation shipping utilization methodologies and accountability strategies.
- Is a student of the supply chain & transportation trade, staying current on innovative processes and solutions.
- Drives and influences cross-functional business partners to help Duluth most efficiently manage its transportation and global supply chain costs.
- Delivers TMS data-driven and data-supported priorities and recommendations to improve cost, quality, speed, enterprise value, and the customer experience.
- Represents the company leadership in inbound & outbound freight contracts, including but not limited to national carrier MSA’s, regional carrier MSA’s, and inbound domestic & overseas agreements.
- Governs good planning business practices – Network and transportation capacity planning, business case development, budgeting, and post audits.
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: BA or BS (Transportation, logistics, Supply Chain Management)
- Equivalent work experience would be considered
- 5 – 8 years of leadership role managing transportation programs. Includes all freight management post factory to a multiple location Fulfillment Center (FC) network, efficient movement of freight between FCs & post-FC freight management to our customers and retail stores.
- Strategic pre-assessment evaluations and alternatives to achieve business objectives
- Experience leading test, learn, and evaluation project controls.
- Transportation solutions development and delivery– Owns enterprise TMS selection, utilization, and ROI.
- Success leading and inspiring Transportation analytics, freight utilization teams, and individuals to perform at the highest levels.
- Ability to evaluate, select and utilize other value-added software tools to support freight management
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
Duluth Headquarters Benefits and Perks
As we continue to grow Duluth Trading Company and its house of brands, the perks have perked up, too. We’ve boosted an already impressive benefits package to include: unlimited paid time-off, 12-week full-pay parental leave, paid holiday time for the important observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Juneteenth, flexible schedules, and more! Why’d we go all out? Because our pursuit of a better way means that when it comes to great talent, better perks are a given.
Compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expected salary: $110000 per year
Location: Mount Horeb, WI
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:14:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!