Job title: Director Inbound Transportation
Company: KeHE Distributors
Job description: Primary Responsibilities
The Director, Inbound Transportation is responsible for the management of inbound transportation and consolidation teams which manage inbound purchase orders across regional geographical areas. This role is accountable for inbound purchase order on-time performance and operational efficiency of consolidation centers. while ensuring both cost effective transportation service and customer/vendor satisfaction.
- Possess natural leadership qualities, evidenced by a bias for action, the ability to motivate and mobilize people, and deliver results.
- Lead multiple inbound logistics operations teams and create an environment with expectations of excellence by driving performance management and talent planning.
- Create and enhance processes for inbound load planning activities through consolidation of purchase orders, routing and selecting carriers to meet service and freight income expectations by utilizing the Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Lead teams to utilize metrics and measurements that identify optimal freight solutions to select best mode of transportation to reduce cost position, while focusing on truck utilization and service.
- Take extreme ownership of effective and cost efficient on time performance for critical vendor inbound purchase orders that directly correlate with customer’s case fill rates.
- Partner with Leaders across Category Management, Supply Chain, Distribution Centers, Carriers and Vendors concerning shipping and warehouse activities and improved opportunities.
- Be a change agent using data driven decision making to instill a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with major vendors to ensure smooth consistent supply chain execution.
- Ensure that established KeHE policies and procedures are followed in carrying out accountabilities.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/finance/logistics preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of previous transportation/logistics experience with at least 3 years as a manager required.
- Strong MS Excel skills required.
- Previous experience optimizing freight movements utilizing optimization software required.
- Experience in truckload, intermodal and LTL across multiple temperature classes.
- Must have a strong knowledge of transportation and Operations
- Strong interpersonal skills, Customer focused
- Must be analytical, results-oriented, self-directed, and have excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to identify and resolve conflicts as well as improve processes.
- Excellent problem solving and Root Cause Analysis skills required.
Up to 25% travel required.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
KeHE Distributors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion or faith, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training as well as the administration of all Human Resources and Talent Acquisition processes.
Location: Naperville, IL
Job date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 07:32:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!