Job title: Development Inspector -SPACE KUIPER PROJECT- STARTUP, Project Kuiper
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by helping to develop creative assets for Kuiper? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for design and a desire to bring delightful, cutting-edge products and services to life in an entirely new way? This describes your daily journey. Are you ready? Then join us on Project Kuiper.
Key job responsibilities
- Program, setup and operate coordinate measuring machines.
- Perform first article, in-process, final and receiving inspections.
- Provide feedback to machinists and engineers with dimensional data.
- Document, track and complete discrepancy reports.
- Maintain and track all inspection equipment calibrations.
- Provide inspection time estimates.
- Maintain configuration control on files and job records.
- Fluent in the use of precision hand tools, gages, optical comparator, and surface plate work.
- Experience inspecting tight tolerance, high value components.
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize projects to meet completion dates.
- Basic machining knowledge.
- Outside processing knowledge (heat treat, plating, coating, EDM, grinding, etc.)
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
The Development Inspector will work closely with machinists, engineers and machining shop management to outline, develop and optimize in process inspection. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in programming and inspecting tight tolerance aerospace components. The desired candidate will have experience in a fast paced machining environment and will have the ability to respond quickly to interruptions and requests to support test teams.
About the team
The Kuiper machine shop provides development fabrication capabilities as well as future production machining. These operations occur in our Redmond facilities.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced, start-up like environment. To be successful you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing the highest standards of execution.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon has ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space based systems design and wireless systems.
- 2+ years of machine shop experience in programming and operating inspection equipment
- 2+ years of experience in CMM programming.
- 2+ years of experience with GD&T
Zeiss Calypso or equivalent programming experience
Experience setting up new inspection facilities
R&D manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with AS9100 Quality Management System
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- CAD experience Siemens NX, CATIA, Solidworks
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Redmond, WA
Job date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 02:19:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!