Job title: Designer I, Graphic Design
Job description: Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at .
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.\
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Designs creative solutions for internal requests using strong technical skills
- Understands and adheres to brand guidelines and style guides
- Understands company priorities
- Understands emerging technologies and innovation in the world of design- brings that knowledge back to the team
- Can be the lead designer on software titles- setting creative direction- posts and communicates direction out to other designers
- Contributes to team by providing input, feedback and constructive assessment on designs
- Identifies areas of improvement in design department
- Works independently and collaboratively with other designers and clients
- Contributes to the overall success of the team
- Occasional large scale projects and packaging assignments- projects will get assigned at managers discretion
- Creates layout for various print projects including logos, packaging, manuals, and marketing materials
- Occasionally designs software packaging, inserts and label art.
- Works with collaboratively with internal teams such as the Localization team for game manual and packaging layouts
- Designs event and tradeshow graphics such as banners, posters and fliers
- Participates in group work by providing comps, ideas and criticism in a positive way
- Supports cross-functionally with other members of the design team, when needed
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Three to five years of related experience in a fast paced graphic design/production environment
- Macintosh computer skills (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Strong attention to deadlines and schedules
- Ability to draw and illustrate ideas throughout the design process and create finished original artwork
- Ability to create print-ready production files for manufacturing
- Ability to perform digital color correction, editing, and file transfers of created artwork • Treat everyone with respect and kindness
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Graphic Design
Location: Redmond, WA
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 01:35:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!