Job title: Design Manager – Buildings
Company: Fulton Hogan
Job description: Job Posting End Date August 1, 2022
Job Location Berwick
At Fulton Hogan we’re passionate about creating, connecting and caring for communities, with people at the heart of everything. It’s why we’ve created a culture of empowerment and autonomy to ensure our people can deliver “Good Work” each day. You’ll have a fulfilling & rewarding career working with us, and you’ll contribute to a sustainable future we can all be proud of.
What’s in it for you when you work for Fulton Hogan?
- We’ll offer a competitive salary package
- You’ll have continued opportunity to work on some of Victoria’s most exciting infrastructure projects
- You’ll be given the opportunity for career growth & development
- We support flexible work arrangements where applicable
- You’ll be a part of a fun and inclusive team environment
What’s on offer?
Have you been involved in designing buildings or structures and never seen how it was constructed? Have you spent 12 months of your career developing a project from scratch, to never see how the project ended up? Maybe joining Fulton Hogan would be a great new challenge.
Fulton Hogan is looking for a Design Manager/Design Lead – Buildings to join as part of the Metropolitan Roads Program Alliance (MRPA). You’ll be tasked with leading a team of industry-leading designers in our delivery of a number of multi-level carparks as part of our Level Cross Removal Program.
As part of the Alliance, we’re currently removing level crossings at Clyde Road (Berwick), Robinsons and Fitzgerald Road (Western Projects) and Camms Road (Cranbourne). In addition to the removal of level crossings, we have our Car Parks Program (which sees the development of single and multi-deck car parks in various locations across Melbourne). With many more exciting projects in development already, including many additional level crossings, the program of works over the next 5 years is an exciting opportunity to join our team to grow and gain exposure to major projects.
Based in Richmond, this role offers great opportunities for you to showcase your skills and experience on high profile projects and add to your already impressive project portfolio.
In this role you’ll be responsible for?
- Understanding the BCA / NCC, and relevant Australian Standards. Managing consultants to achieve a compliant design
- Understanding of authority impact and processes to include , FRV, utilities, road for a compliant design
- Managing performance solutions as required
- Managing project waivers as required
- Interacting and managing stakeholders to create a successful outcome
- Leading and managing the design team
- Running the Tender and selection process for consultants
- Managing the design consultant contracts
- Managing the design program to achieve milestones, and identify risk and opportunities within
- Leading detailed and structured design meetings on a regular basis
- Managing risk assessment, traffic impacts studies, and SID workshops.
- Developing project design scopes, and design reports
How you’ll connect to the role?
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Board spectrum building knowledge is highly desirable
- Previous building Design Manager or Senior Design Coordinator experience preferred
- Ability to drive value engineering and buildability
- A leadership style that has created successful and efficient management of multidiscipline engineering teams and the development of innovative solutions to technical, complex issues
- Ability to interact between the Design and Construction teams, build and maintain relationships and drive efficiency
- Experience in liaising with design consultants to help meet time and cost targets, engineering standards and contract requirements
- Excellent ability to understand and interpret project and client specific requirements;
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills;
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple workloads with the flexibility and ease to adapt to situations;
- Be confident to challenge processes and create an environment where innovation and continuous improvement is embraced during the delivery of the design;
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you. If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Find out more about us:
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
We believe in the value that diversity brings to our team and people who share our REAL values are encouraged to apply
Job date: Tue, 24 May 2022 00:17:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!