Job title: Data Science Leader
Job description: Description
At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands. Delivering the many products and technologies we make takes a lot of hard work by some incredibly talented employees. And we’re looking for a Data Science Leader to help us create new solutions for life’s biggest needs. The ideal candidate is someone who shows the ability to inspire and lead a small, dedicated team, and has technical experience leveraging data and technology to optimize current solutions create new capabilities. The Data Science Team at INVISTA is primarily responsible for selecting or developing models and related tools that create value for our customers and business partners.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and mentor a dedicated team of data scientists
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Data Management and our Analytics Engagement Leaders to bring value to INVISTA through data science
- Guide the team in analyzing a data science customer question and explaining the answer to non-technical team members
- Help devise and implement an automated approach to a repeatable process in collaboration with the entire advanced analytics capability including data engineering and cloud teams.
- Help the entire INVISTA organization find the most valuable use cases for data science to be applied
- Demonstrate the value of data science through delivery of solutions to our Supply Chain, Operations, Finance and Commercial teams
- Work with SME’s to develop & optimize algorithms
The Experience You Will Bring
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, software engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or other STEM related degree * Experience in machine learning or artificial intelligence with caret, scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar framework
- Theoretical understanding of the algorithms behind real-world machine learning and artificial intelligence applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience leading a team
- MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, software engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or a similar technical field.
- Experience with R, Python, or similar scripting language
- Experience identifying and communicating actionable insights using data
- Experience with automated data pipelines for data collection or standardization
- Experience with many different data structures and database styles
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud-based platform, Linux, git, containers, and command line basics
- Familiarity with plotly, seaborn, shap, or similar library
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength – focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes – medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
Location: Wichita, KS
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 00:13:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!