Job title: Customer Service Manager, Airport Workforce Management
Company: American Airlines
Job description: Location: Chicago O’Hare Intl Apt (ORD-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 61949
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- American is looking for a goal-oriented Customer Service Manager (CSM) who wants to elevate their experience, knowledge, and network within the company. With our leadership program, you will be able to develop yourself to be the best leader you want to be in the American organization.
- CSMs must ensure a safe, high performing operation by leading, engaging, coaching and developing the front-line team members. You will be supporting your teams’ effort by creating a safe, reliable operation while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Also, being energized by a fast-paced dynamic environment and passionate about safety, teamwork, leadership, and delivering a quality product to our customers, front-line, and vendors.
- CSMs must enable an environment that develops our front-line team members and fosters mutual respect, trust, responsibility, and core values while connecting people and improving lives during our day-to-day operation.
- This job is a member of the Domestic Airports Team within the Customer Experience Division.
What you’ll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations
- Drives operational excellence while keeping a safety-conscious environment that promotes end-to-end exceptional customer service, resulting in employee and customer safety and well-being
- Be a safety advocate: Look for safety concerns and address them as needed
- Establish team and individual goals in support of departmental and company objectives, Coaches and mentor’s frontline team members in skill development, customer service elevation and company culture behaviors
- Establishes and promotes effective relationships with team members that fosters compassion, authenticity, integrity, respect and dignity
- Effectively allocates resources and provides appropriate support to enable teams to deliver on operational goals in a safe manner
- Ensure the ongoing safety and reliability of our operation by conducting self-audits, observations, root cause investigations and other related safety engagements
- Promote effective communication among departments to engage our team to work together to achieve common goals
- Familiarity with Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) and ensure team members adhere to corporate policy/procedure
- Embrace the core values: (Passion, commitment, efficiency, reliability, dependability, optimism, honesty, positivity, and loyalty)
- Ability to solve complex staffing issues with minimal oversight
What you’ll do
- Strong communicator with all levels of the operation
- Can manage multiple software programs at the same time to quickly analyze the operation and determine best course of action throughout the day
- Coordinate assignments for frontline team members to dynamically work flights at gates
- Utilizes GS Realtime and other programs (i.e., Prime, GETNG, SABRE) to identify and grant day of overtime, provide staffing inputs and tour reports
- Being proactive and efficient with time management
- Ability to work extra hours when there are operational needs
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED Equivalency
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Previous airport customer service experience
- 2 years’ experience leading others
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and functional automation applications
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to bring out the best performance in the workforce through proactive employee engagement and support for an inclusive working environment
- Ability to actively listen – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Critical thinking ability – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to monitor and assess performance of self, team members and the operation to make improvements or take corrective action
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to work under demanding operational conditions
- Ability to prioritize and execute with a sense of urgency and preciseness
- Ability to use sound business judgment to resolve issues with internal and external customers
- Ability to coordinate station activities and collaborate with multi-functional departments and agencies to ensure essential needs are met for a safe, efficient, on-time operation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Has USPS clearance or the ability to obtain USPS clearance. USPS has a five-year United States residency requirement
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more.
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve; inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 61949
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 01:32:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!