Job title: Creative Services Manager
Company: Portland State University
Job description: Please list the names, telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references.
Proposed Start Date 07/01/2022
Classification Title Communications / Marketing
Rank N – No Rank
Working Title Creative Services Manager
Department 630200 – ATH Marketing/Promotions/Ticket Off
Position Number D96547
Representation UU – Unclassified Unrepresented
End date, if applicable
Position FTE 1.0
Tenure Status N – not applicable
Brief Description of PSU/School/Dept
is Oregon’s most affordable public research university, located in the heart of one of America’s most dynamic cities. Our mission to “let knowledge serve the city” reflects our dedication to turning ideas into action – in Portland and around the world. The city is our campus, giving students unmatched access to career connections, a vibrant cultural scene, and hands-on learning experiences with hundreds of community partners.
More than 27,000 students from all backgrounds bring diverse perspectives to our classrooms and campus life, from the tree-lined Park Blocks to the bustling Urban Plaza and state-of-the-art science labs. We are proud of our world-class faculty, groundbreaking research, and international reputation for excellence in sustainability, community engagement, and innovation.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Creative Services, and working closely with the Associate Athletic Director of Development, as well as our ticketing and sponsorship contractors, the Creative Services Manager will be responsible for creating and overseeing all of the graphic design needs for the external marketing department of Viking Athletics. They will ensure a consistent and cohesive look across digital and print marketing materials. Additionally, they will assist with gameday needs for select home athletic competitions.
The Creative Services Manager will have excellent communication skills and frequently collaborate with various university stakeholders. They will have extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time. They will have exceptional time management skills and an eye for detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekend and holidays.
- Ability to manage several tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results.
- Ability to work with cross-functionally with various constituents.
- A track record in building quality relationships.
- Evidence of strong communication skills, including clearly conveying thoughts, ideas, and plans to leadership, administrators, and other staff members.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and conference rules and regulations with a personal commitment to operate within those rules.
- Experience working in college athletics and/or for a professional events arena.
- 1 – 2 years of graphic design experience in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated experience with supervision of part-time employees (students included).
Key Cultural Competencies
- Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
- Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Seek opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adhere to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $38,196 and $41,500. The starting salary may be negotiable above this range, however, it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills, and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR.
PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities. Please visit the to see the added value of PSU’s employee benefits.
All Portland State University employees, regardless of work location, must submit either (1) Proof of Vaccination; or (2) have an approved medical or religious exemption, on their first day or employment. To read the full PSU vaccination policy, please visit:
Additional Application Instructions (deadlines, etc.)
Please list the names, telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references.
Expected salary: $38196 – 41500 per year
Location: Portland, OR
Job date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 04:56:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!