Job title: Creative Director
Company: Blavity Inc.
Job description: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and news media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, including Blavity News, Blavity Politics, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, and Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Blavity Inc. is looking for a Creative Director, responsible for driving visual and tonal brand characteristics across all platforms and channels. This person will own both the strategic development and tactical execution of Blavity’s creative go-to-marketing approach. This role will work cross-functionally with C and VP level execs in Original Content, Marketing, Editorial, and Experiential. Success in this role is based on the ability to drive positive business results. The ideal candidate is expected to maintain a thorough understanding of the Blavity audience. At times, the Creative Director will need to be a champion for the Blavity audience within the organization, while other times balancing the judgment and ability to hold the line with empathy and clarity.
This role will report directly to the VP of Creative Strategy.
- Define and lead the design vision for Blavity Inc.
- Lead a team to develop original, breakthrough brand systems, behaviors, and design solutions that serve Blavity’s growing audience.
- Elevate and raise the quality of design craft.
- Inspire, enable and energize a world-class design team, and cultivate a creative culture.
- Advocate for design thinking, solutions, and consistency for the Blavity brand.
- Work seamlessly across organizational structures, partnering with Marketing, Originals, Editorial, and Experiential leadership to develop holistic brand systems.
- Education: BA or M.A.
- Required Experience:
- 12+ years experience in design and building consumer brands.
- Preferred Experience:
- 5+ years of demonstrated people management experience coaching and developing team members
- Technologies: Fluent in Adobe Suites and/or comparable design software, Google Suite, Asana, and/or comparable project management suite
- Additional Qualifications:
- Experience building timeless brands through brand architecture
- Experience manifesting strategy through design systems
- Experience managing and leading work within an agency, or similar environment
- Experience across integrated design work: traditional, product and experiential
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Experience partnering with and influencing VP of Creative Strategy and other executive stakeholders
- Communication skills
- Experience hiring talent and developing creative teams
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
Details: This is a fully remote role, occasional travel may be required. Candidates must be available to work in alignment with the Pacific Time Zone.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at .
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 01:52:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!