Job title: Consumer & Community Banking VP, Control Manager – Environmental, Social and Governance
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: As a Control Manager Vice President, you’ll be responsible for leading and building out an enhanced control framework which supports a continuous and integrated approach to risk assessment. The individual will be responsible for supporting the control environment across the reporting of ESG activities and progress against Firmwide Commitments, with a focus on end-to-end controls for CCB Finance. Candidate will support control coverage for the Racial Equity Commitment and Sustainable Development Target dashboards and reporting for CCB used to provide insights and inform key stakeholders including senior management, quarterly updates to the Board of Directors and external stakeholders. A dditionally, you will ensure the team assists in top down risk analysis, real time control issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis and remediation.
- Provide support surrounding risk identification and controls for CCB’s ESG activities including the reporting of progress against commitments
- Ability to understand the CCB businesses and ESG activities to create a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Develop process recommendations and influence control design across business and functional areas that provide, validate or report data or progress against CCB’s ESG commitments or activities
- Review and analyze program related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) to support business-related programs and strategies
- Provide leadership support for the end-to-end execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment, including control breaks and resolutions, to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Understand process risks, identify control breaks, perform root cause analysis on and develop timely and sustainable solutions to issues / control breaks and to mitigate risks
- Work autonomously to affect change – flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Engage with control colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators and technology control functions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
- Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create, and evaluate a Risk & Control Self-Assessment in conjunction with business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Demonstrated ability to work across/with various functions with thought leadership and strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team and across a wide variety of stakeholder groups
- Process analysis / design acumen – ability to understand a process and associated risk to inform control design
- Problem solving / Analytical skills – solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Understanding of Alteryx workflow designs and data consumption into Tableau Dashboards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 22:51:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!