Job title: Consumer & Community Banking Controller, VP – Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: The individual in this role will provide oversight over the management and external reporting of CCB’s ESG activities and progress against Firm-wide commitments. In this role, you will ensure compliance with approved reporting methodologies, coordinate the preparation of internal and external stakeholder updates, validate CCB information included in but not limited to t he Firm’s Annual ESG Report, national and local market progress updates surrounding $30 Billion Racial Equity Commitment and Sustainable Development Target and quarterly updates to the Board of Directors. The candidate will oversee the validation of progress updates, external reporting, perform analytical reviews and variance analysis for CCB’s contribution to the Racial Equity Commitment, Sustainable Development Target and other Firm-wide ESG activities and commitments, with an end-to-end focus on controls.
- Responsibility over the data validation, analysis and reporting of CCB’s ESG activities ensuring accuracy and integrity over data and messaging
+ Develop and implement various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported results
+ Perform variance analysis and review
+ Maintain familiarity over existing and new external ESG related commitments
+ Participate on firm wide teams to implement new reporting disclosures (as applicable)
- Play a central role in coordinating the end to end reporting requirements, in partnership with key stakeholder teams including but not limited to the Community Impact Organization, Community and Affordable Lending, Corporate Responsibility and Impact Data and Insights
- Understand and develop reporting requirements, processes, procedures and controls for CCB’s assets identified for inclusion into Sustainable Bond Issuance, in partnership with Corporate Responsibility – Sustainability Team, and Treasury / CIO
- Enhance processes and controls in partnership with Control Management over data analysis, validation and reporting against existing commitments or ESG initiatives
- Work alongside key partners to establish and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to govern CCB’s ESG reporting activities
- Develop new processes and controls for data validation, analysis and reporting for any new commitments or activities
- Constructively escalate issues and present complex information in a clear and concise manner to Management connecting issues and risks across commitments and driving transparency across activities
- Establish strong relationships and provide support to business and functional partners within and outside of CCB
- 6+ years in a Finance organization with exposure to accounting, financial statements, regulatory reporting and financial products
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, CPA a plus
- Experience in Product Control, Financial Control and/or knowledge of Reg Reporting a plus
- Knowledge of JPMC and CCB specific ESG activities and commitments, preferred
- Strong understanding of end-to-end reporting and control processes
- Passion for supporting community development and/or environmental work
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to summarize complex information and deliver it at business executive level
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative; ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, develop a plan, and execute for results
- Solid problem solving, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work across/with various functions with initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team and across a wide variety of stakeholder groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Highly proficient in Excel, ideally with working knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 22:43:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!