Job title: Consumer & Community Banking Controller, Associate – Environmental, Social and Governance
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
The individual in this role will support the oversight over the management and external reporting of CCB’s ESG activities and progress against Firm-wide commitments. The candidate will support the validation of progress updates, external reporting, perform analytical reviews and variance analysis for CCB’s contribution to the Racial Equity Commitment, Sustainable Development Target and other Firm-wide ESG activities and commitments, with an end-to-end focus on controls.
- Apply up-to-date product/industry/market knowledge in specialty areas of ESG reporting
- Assist in the prep and validation of ESG Reporting for CCB including national and local progress updates for the Racial Equity Commitment
- Analyze progress against the CCB commitments and ensure accuracy and completeness including gathering information from key stakeholders to perform variance analysis and other analytical review activities
- Clearly communicate financial information to the lines of businesses and flag potential issues
- Ensure accurate and complete data submission into the Firm’s Annual ESG Report
- Interpret and define any new regulatory and/or SEC requirements relevant for ESG activities and develop reporting processes and controls in accordance with internal and external policies, procedures or standards
- Participate in various aspects for the production, review and filing of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports for various regulatory agencies
- Adhere to various control procedures and edit checks to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Ensure accurate and complete information for senior management business reviews, press releases or other external communications and reporting
- Establish and manage relationships with the line of business as well as with external regulatory agency constituents through ongoing partnership and dialogue
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts around data quality review and external reporting improvement projects
- 3+ years in a Finance organization with exposure to accounting, financial statements, and/or regulatory reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience in Product Control, Financial Control or knowledge of ESG, SEC reporting/Reg Reporting a plus
- Strong skills in time management, problem solving, written and oral communication
- Team player, with ability to work effectively across diverse functions, locations and businesses
- Excellent Excel and computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Extremely strong organizational and time management skills
- Project management experience/skills helpful
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job date: Wed, 04 May 2022 06:10:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!