Job title: Communication & Knowledge Mgr, Global Segment Operations, Startups
Job description: DESCRIPTION
The Startup Segment Operations team is obsessed with delivering results for customers and colleagues alike as we shape, build and support AWS’ Startup team. A diverse, innovative team, we love translating data, insights, and anecdotes into action and are seeking a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Knowledge Manager and Communications Lead to serve Amazonians across the globe!
In this role, you’ll lead the content and collaboration strategy for AWS’ Startup Operations content platforms, working closely with a global team of program and product leaders from Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Solutions Architecture, Professional Services, Training, Sales Enablement, and Sales Operations to ensure our field employees have the information, resources, and tools they need to work more efficiently and better serve our customers.
The right candidate has a strong technology background combined with a passion for storytelling and experience in communications, and is able to distill vast amounts of information about key business initiatives, AWS services, sales programs and methodologies, and business processes into clear, concise communications that provide the knowledge our sales organization needs to work efficiently and effectively. This role is responsible for raising the bar on writing standards across the organization.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, self-motivated communications professional who can operate in a high-velocity environment and deliver high-quality results. You are a builder who is comfortable rolling-up their sleeves to develop and experiment with new channels to reach your audience. You have exceptional copywriting and editing skills for both original content as well as rewriting and optimizing content from subject matter experts. Most importantly, you have a keen understanding of your audience and are able to work backwards to produce compelling content and land it through appropriate channels.
Key job responsibilities
This individual will collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new communications solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
- Own mechanism to reduce inaccuracies, duplication, conflicts, irrelevant, or out-of-date content.
- Work across Startup Ops teams to develop top content priorities and ensure the right content is produced to support those priorities.
- Design a collaboration strategy with partner teams and key stakeholders.
- Work with content providers across AWS to curate content and advise on ways to improve content usability.
- Implement initiatives to enforce content security policies and inspect adherence.
- Partner with subject matter experts to calibrate security standards.
- Operationalize common guardrails for content governance.
- Partner with the Systems team to recommend new features and user experience enhancements.
- Provide requirements for an improved search and discovery experience of AWS sales and training content.
- Re-establish the optimal balance between speed and quality.
- Ensure timely content support for stakeholders.
- Scale content publishing with self-service.
- Manage an editorial review and governance process to improve quality and consistency of content.
- Refine technical information, complex business processes, and change impacts into crisp, user-friendly communications
- Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts to align on key messages and content
- Measure the effectiveness of the engagement strategies and execution
- Develop and test creative messaging to ensure communications strategies and tactics resonate across a global audience.
7+ years of communications experience in developing and executing change management and internal communications programs
A bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, marketing, or a related field, or equivalent hands-on experience.
5+ years familiarity and expertise with content creation tools, including blogs, email
5+ years program and/or project management experience
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, or a related field
Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to articulate clear messages to various audiences
Demonstrated ability to formulate a clear point of view on complex topics, and the ability to create a concise and well-written narrative
Track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through communications
Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal stakeholders and multiple projects at once
Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and resourceful
Must be comfortable in high-velocity environment
Experience working within a high-growth tech company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Location: Los Angeles, CA – San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 06:04:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!