Job title: Commercial Bank – Corporate Client Banking Northeast Business Manager – Vice President
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
Business Management optimizes business performances by helping to drive key initiatives. We act as trusted advisors and counterweight to Business/Group Heads, and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks. The role of a business manager is dynamic and can vary from business to business, in line with the priorities of the different lines of business.
This is a time-pressured and high-profile position which is instrumental in assisting/advising senior management and in coordinating the deployment of the bank’s corporate resources to address strategic and tactical objectives.
The main aim of a Business Manager is to:
- Implement new business strategy, strategic initiatives or platforms, including aligning department and support groups (Finance, Tech, Ops, Legal, Compliance)
- Optimize ‘bottom line’ business performance by driving key initiatives (fees, cost base, RWA and capital utilization)
- Identify, escalate and mitigate business risks that could impair our ability to do business: e.g. legal, tax, regulatory, capacity issues, extraordinary transaction costs
- Analyze financial performance, including expenses; identify productivity initiatives and drive implementation
- Partner with the business, Operations and Technology in the definition of future workflows and implementation of related technology and infrastructure projects to prepare the business to meet the requirements of an ever evolving market structure
- Partner with the relevant external service/ infrastructure providers
- Business representation in respective internal/external working groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related area
- Previous product knowledge and/or prior Business Management or COO experience
- Energetic and dynamic in style
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Present well to senior and global business heads
- Able to forge strong internal relationships across a broad range of functions
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with high degree of independence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to both define and deliver to conclusion a strategic agenda across multiple groups
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail with logical thought process
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Fri, 06 May 2022 23:52:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!