Job title: Comm Console Operator (BU)-FT Days
Job description: Job Description:
We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Mary’s in Saginaw, Michigan is hiring a full time Communications Console Operator.
Shifts will be 10 hours in length, with a majority of the shifts being days. Every other weekend, and every 4th holiday.
Ascension St. Mary’s Hospital is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. Our medical advancements in cardiac sciences, neurosciences, oncology, and trauma are rivaled only by our compassion to heal body, mind and spirit. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
Operate the organization’s telecommunication system to answer and route incoming calls and to communicate codes, alerts, drills and other announcements.
- Receive and relay internal and external calls and provide general information according to protocol.
- Maintain desk directories, on-call list, reference guides and other associated reference materials.
- Operate beeper and paging system to contact personnel and code team.
- Communicate codes, alerts, drills and other announcements according to established policies and protocols, including disaster management plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Function as a first point of customer contact for internal and external customers. Respond and direct customer to appropriate departments in conjunction with St. Mary’s of Michigan First Service standards.
What You Will Need
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year receptionist and/or switchboard experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Mary is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Location: Saginaw, MI
Job date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 23:59:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!