Job title: Class A Buildings Maintenance 1st Shift
Company: Honeymoon Paper Products
Job description: Job Title: Class A Building Maintenance
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
All jobs at Southern Champion Tray (SCT) require Team members to act in accordance with the shared Core Values and Operating principles of the company as they perform specific job functions. These include:
- Trustworthy – We strive for our actions to match our words in all our relationships.
- Servant – Hearted – We enable and empower our team to serve the needs of customers, Team members, suppliers and the community.
- Relational – We aim to build healthy relationships while fostering and environment that promotes compassion, balance, and personal and professional growth.
- Resourceful – We value strategic insourcing, first looking to create solutions internally, and then looking to apply that knowledge to future opportunities.
Responsible for the maintenance of all buildings and equipment used in the performance of their job. Works in conjunction with other maintenance positions to achieve departmental goals.
- Design and fabricate projects with minimal instruction, as well as generate a materials list for each project
- Perform building maintenance (plumbing, air conditioning repairs, etc.), recognize and solve maintenance problems with minimal guidance
- Assist in construction projects (pour foundations, install sheetrock, and frame stud walls, etc.), have a working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, masonry, and carpentry
- Inspects and maintains fire extinguishers
- Responsible for all equipment and tools assigned to the job
- Notify the supervisor of any additional tools or equipment that would add to the efficiency and safety of the operation
- Comply with the maintenance schedules on all equipment
- Adjust to and follow new procedures and innovations, which would add to the efficiency and safety of the operation
- Help with training others as needed
- Willingness to assist in other areas as needed (i.e. plant maintenance, room set-up, and takedown, running errands, etc.)
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions, and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions
- Maintain a clean work environment including floors, desks, and fans in accordance with our 5S system
AUTHORITY: Must have the ability to lead a crew that has been placed with them to execute the demands of the maintenance operation efficiently and to respond to oral instructions from the supervisor and written instructions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Three to Five years’ building/facilities maintenance experience. Basic electrical experience preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have basic computer skills and possess ability to utilize software.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have the ability to read and understand documents, letters, etc. and write legibly in English. Must be able to understand and speak clearly, communicate, and understand directions in English as needed. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide both fractions and decimals, solve equations, read a tape measure, and have an understanding of both standard and metric measuring systems.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must become a Certified Fork Lift operator including Manlift and boom equipment in accordance with SCT training and carry a copy of your certification with you. Must have a valid driver’s license and qualify as a SCT driver. Electrical license preferred. HVAC & EPA experience a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with arms and hands. Frequently is required to climb, balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lifts/moves 25 to 50 pounds. Must be able to perform these functions for a minimum of 8 hours straight (with a 30-minute meal break any other applicable breaks during the shift) on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team member successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, but the essential functions cannot be eliminated or performed by others.
Regular attendance and reporting for work on time are necessary requirements as is availability for overtime work if necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to a dusty atmosphere with loud noise, which may require both eye and ear protection in some areas. Moving mechanical parts will also be exposed; safety guards have been put in place for the safety of all Team members but during set up, if a machine must be broken down and reassembled to complete the next job, questions regarding such operation should be directed to your supervisor as they arise. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those a Team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, but the essential functions cannot be eliminated or performed by others.
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Job date: Sun, 15 May 2022 00:05:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!