Job title: Civil Engineering CAD Drafter
Company: AKS Engineering & Forestry
Job description: Job Summary
AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has immediate openings for a full-time architectural/civil drafter. This person will work as part of the team designing site grading and lot layouts for individual homesites. This is an opportunity to work with a respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- AS in Drafting Technology or related field
- At least two years of professional experience performing CAD drafting duties in an architectural or civil engineering environment for site grading and residential lot layouts
- Highly proficient skills using AutoCAD or Civil 3D is preferred
- Knowledge and experience applying a variety of local City/County drafting standards
- Proficient in building spreadsheets using MS Excel
- Ability to work and communicate successfully in a team environment
- Ability to work quickly, manage multiple and conflicting deadlines, and establish priorities
- Personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
- High attention to detail to produce quality work products
- Experience with home building a plus
- Valid US Driver’s license
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performing CAD drafting using Civil 3D including setting up sheets, drawing linework, and produce project related graphics for technical reports, presentations, etc.
- Completing subdivision house layout and plot plans for individual lots per jurisdiction requirements
- Building Excel spreadsheets for lot fits
- As skills allow, completing drafting tasks including importing points, creating surfaces, creating horizontal alignments and vertical profiles, creating site/corridor models, perform volume calculations, etc.
- Driving company vehicle to project sites to verify conditions
- Completing projects and special assignments as requested
- Networking with clients, agency personnel, and colleagues to build/maintain professional network
- Doing what needs to be done
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil and forest engineering, land surveying, land use planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, GIS, and construction support. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including landowners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and 25 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. AKS is consistently ranked as one of the largest engineering firms in the Portland metropolitan area. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018, 2019, and 2021. We specifically locate our offices closer to where our employees live, and our clients have projects providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Keizer, OR
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 05:22:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!