Job title: CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Company: Moffitt Cancer Center
Job description: At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
At Moffitt Cancer Center, the Don & Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program boasts a multispecialty, full-service clinic that offers the latest in preventive care and support for all breast-related conditions. Located in our McKinley Outpatient Center near Busch Gardens, our breast clinic provides our patients with all of the services they need from a cohesive team of doctors and other experts who specialize in breast cancer, including:
- Fellowship-trained surgeons
- Medical oncologists
- Fellowship-trained radiologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Plastic surgeons and breast reconstruction experts
- Social workers
- Fertility preservation specialists
- Genetic testing and counseling specialists
Our Breast Oncology Clinic cares for 80-100 patients on a daily basis. We are currently looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team.
- Certified Medical Assistants are essential members of the clinic team. They contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in an outpatient clinic setting
- Oncology experience
- Experience rooming patients
- Experience performing vitals
- Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as, lift equipment.
- After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
- Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
- Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- BLS Certification
Location: Tampa, FL
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 02:32:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!