Job title: Certified Home Health Aide
Company: Compassionate Care Home Health and Hospice Agency
Job description: Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in patient’s lives?
Compassionate Care Home Health & Hospice has three locations (Fresno, Modesto and Bakersfield) and services eight counties throughout the Central Valley (Stanislaus, Mariposa, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Kern) – and we’re growing fast! Our top priority is maintaining our culture of love for our patients and team, alike. Our commitment to our core values allows us to be a provider and employer of choice. We understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and are our most important resource.
We actively seek career-oriented individuals, to whom we offer job security and upward mobility when appropriate – based on merit and performance. We proudly employee an accomplished team of professionals and our team is as diverse as the communities we serve, representing different ethnicities, religions, ages, national origins and sexual orientations.
In the spirit of charity, and to make a positive societal difference, we occasionally provide clerical work opportunities for individuals previously dependent on government aid, individuals living with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other disadvantaged adults.
Join us today and grow with us!
We are currently seeking to fill the Home Health Aide position.
-Position to be performed in the Madera Areas.
-Medical office background required.
-$16.00 per hour compensation (negotiable, based on experience, etc).
-Opportunity to accumulate overtime.
Job Description Summary:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES * Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 1. Providing personal care including:
- Back rubs
- Oral hygiene
- Changing bed linen
- Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
- Skin care to prevent breakdown
- Assisting the patient with toileting actives
- Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
- Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary.
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
- Performing range of moon and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Assisting patients in the self-administration of medication.
- Doing a patient’s laundry, as appropriate.
- Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, etc.).
- Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
- Adhering to the Organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major dues and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS * Meets the training requirements in accordance with state and federal laws.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates tact, patience, and good personal hygiene.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with Organization requirements and is in good working order.
Note: Effective August 14, 1990, a person who has successfully completed a state established or other training programs that meet the requirements of CFR 484.36(a) and a competency evaluation program, or state licensure program that meets the requirements of CFR 484.36(b), or a competency evaluation program or state licensure program that meets the requirements of S 484.36(b).
The home health aide will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the state’s Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the home health aide will not administer medications, take physician’s orders or perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge, and skill of a nurse, such as sterile techniques.
Employees and patients are equally precious to us. Your happiness is our happiness – we offer you the following benefits for any full time position:
●Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
●Unparalleled company culture
●Local company with soul
●Countless growth and development opportunities
● Flexible Schedules
● Medical, dental and vision insurance
● Mileage Reimbursement at current Federal rate
● Gas reimbursement for those in company cars
● Paid Holidays
● Paid Sick Days
● And so much more!
Compassionate Care was established in 2003 in Fresno County and has grown into Central California’s largest privately held home health agency. The healthcare company is expanding its locations and services, replicating its unique formula throughout the state. Compassionate Care provides in-home medical, rehabilitative and support services by seasoned professionals with comprehensive clinical training and robust hospitality experience. In July of 2020 the organization officially began its venture into hospice, further vertically integrating services while always prioritizing their patients’ continuum of care.
Expected salary: $17 – 20 per hour
Location: Madera, CA
Job date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 06:37:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!