Job title: CDB Senior Relationship Manager/Banker – Community Development Banking (New Markets Tax Credits) – Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA, or Denver, CO
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
The Community Development Tax Credit (CDTC) Group is a part of Chase’s Commercial Bank Community Development Team, which delivers financial products to support development and revitalization of low- and moderate-income communities. The New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) Originator will be a part of the team that manages the Bank’s NMTC initiatives. The Originator will have responsibility for identifying, underwriting, structuring and closing NMTC equity investments. Additionally, the NMTC Originator will have responsibility for covering specified geographies, and developing and maintaining relationships with allocatees of the NMTCs, the legal community, accountants and consultants supporting the NMTC industry. The position will work with multiple lines of business within Chase including Community Development Real Estate, Community Development Financial Institution lending, Government & Non-Profit Banking, and Middle Market Banking to originate, structure and close NMTC debt transactions. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere that requires flexibility and attention to detail.
Major Functions (Principal Duties and Responsibilities):
- Independently generate new NMTC investment opportunities through cultivation of prospects, calling on referral sources, and networking with centers of influence.
- Support business development for NMTC-eligible transactions – work with JPMC Commercial Bankers, external contacts, sponsors and clients to identify and screen investing and lending opportunities.
- Conduct due diligence for NMTC equity investments
- Prepare term sheets and credit approval documents for NMTC equity investments
- Create models for transactions involving multiple sources of capital, including NMTC equity
- Lead deal teams consisting of internal and external partners to structure and close structured financings involving NMTC subsidy
- Develop and maintain relationships with allocatees of the NMTCs
- Assist in the reporting and compliance requirements of JPMorgan Chase’s NMTC allocations
- Participate in meetings with customers and internal management
- Liaison with internal business groups
- 5+ years of credit analysis, structured finance or equity investment experience
- Knowledge of and use of NMTCs strongly preferred.
- Strong analytic and writing skills
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within the context of a deal team
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve client and deal team goals.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex projects by focusing on key issues, activities and goals and identifying and acting upon a critical path
- Demonstrated ability to identify obstacles and quickly create solutions
- Bachelor Degree required
- MBA or advanced degree a plus, but not required
The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) group is the nation’s leading multifamily lender, leveraging its industry knowledge to offer best-in-class and cost-effective financing solutions across all major real estate asset classes with speed, ease and certainty of execution. Teams work with national and regional clients across the sector, including developers, investors, owners, operating companies, investment funds, real estate investment trusts and non-profits.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 00:23:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!