Job title: Business Services Professional
Company: University of Colorado School of Medicine
Job description: University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine – Department of Medicine
Job Title: Business Services Professional
Position #00798698 – Requisition #26471
- Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Professional position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals – and – that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit .
Examples of Work Performed:
- Serve as first point of contact for the Faculty Advancement Office (FAO), completing general FAO tasks and providing administrative support for the Vice Chair of Faculty Development and Mentorship and Faculty Advancement development programs.
- Administrative tasks include scheduling and attending meetings and large events, reserving conference rooms, compiling resources, preparing required materials, creating agendas, ordering catering, composing and distributing meeting notes.
- Responsible for event registration, updating tracking spreadsheets, uploading information to Teams pages, processing expense reports, creating and distributing certificates.
- Exercise discretion through facilitating day-to-day operations of the Faculty Advancement Office, supporting the following programs:
- Junior Faculty Mentoring Program
- Career Cornerstones
- Junior Faculty Mentor Program (JUMP)
- New Faculty Orientation
- Global Health Program
- PAGE Mid-Career Faculty Women’s Leadership Development Program
- Mid-Course Review
- Assist with promotion dossiers and support the post-tenure review process.
- Provide monthly program updates to Division Heads.
- Routinely update the Faculty Advancement Office website, and provide program updates for the DOM Monthly Newsletter.
- Develop end-of-year Division reports of faculty participation in programs.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of professional-level experience in an administrative setting.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in an administrative role for a higher education institution.
- Experience providing administrative and technical assistance to faculty and staff within higher education and/or medical education environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Resourceful member of the administrative team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to prioritize projects.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively explain processes and procedures.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects along with the ability to move from one task/duty to another without errors despite frequent interruptions.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience in business administration with an emphasis on relationship development, process implementation, and process improvement are highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $54,120 to $68,841.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator:
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The Universit
y of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Expected salary: $54120 – 68841 per year
Job date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 22:45:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!