Job title: Business Analyst and QA Tester (Information Technology Analyst II)
Company: State of CT Judicial Branch
Job description: Business Analyst and QA Tester
State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking a Business Analyst and QA Tester (Information Technology Analyst II) for the Information Technology Division, Application Development and Support Unit. Qualified applicants will possess experience in the specific functional area of Business Analysis.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Manage moderately complex level system and project requirement.
- Analyze Business user requests for changes; define key business processes and identify critical paths of the operations.
- Ability to apply appropriate knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out requirements completely and accurately from business participants.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, use judgment to make decisions, take initiative, and apply critical thinking.
- Identify changes to scope and track requirements through implementation.
- Prepare design specifications and test plans.
- Identify the impact of technology on business processes.
- Work with the project team, propose, document, and assess technical solutions to business needs, and verify and validate moderately complex level system specifications.
Qualified candidates should have the following skills:
- Experience with MS Office Suite, including, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio,
- Experience with writing SQL queries,
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server,
- Read COBOL programs and translate into systems specifications will be considered a plus.
The chosen candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written with a collaborative approach to work in a close team environment; the ability to work effectively with all levels of technical and non-technical staff and management.
Upon satisfactory completion of the initial probationary period, hybrid remote work may be available.
Salary Range: $83,403 – $113,524/year – plus State of Connecticut benefits.
New employees begin at the minimum. The starting salary for existing state employees may be higher than the minimum, in accordance with existing Judicial Branch policy.
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch offers its employees a top notch array of health and retirement benefits including but not limited to: paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave, group life insurance, 457 Deferred Compensation, voluntary flexible spending account programs, discounted auto and home insurance policies and long and short term disability.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the Information Technology Analyst I Business Analyst level or its equivalent.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2) A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by June 27, 2022. Applications must be submitted through the on-line application (CLICK BELOW). Resumes or paper applications will not be accepted.
Careers at the Branch play an essential role for the public and society. Our meaningful, challenging, and interesting positions have a long-lasting effect that serves to advance justice and ultimately provides for the greater good of all.
Please reference posting number 22-4000-013
Expected salary: $83403 – 113524 per year
Location: CT East Hartford
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:25:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!