Job title: Building & Grounds Technician
Company: McKenzie County
Job description: Under the direction of the Building & Grounds Supervisor, performs a variety of routine and more complex building and maintenance tasks involving carpentry, plumbing, electrical, custodial and other skills. Performs snow removal, ground maintenance, both emergency and non-emergency repairs. This position is located in Watford City, ND and scheduled for Monday – Friday. Level and salary commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain all McKenzie County buildings through regular repair and maintenance activities involving electrical and plumbing fixtures, carpentry, and painting. In addition, maintains heating and air handling units. Checks and calibrates thermostats and maintains lighting.
- Construct, rebuild, and repair equipment including various wood and metal structures, equipment, and furniture; prepares surfaces for paining and varnishing and applies coverage as required.
- Performs general ground maintenance activities, including mowing lawns, landscaping, brush removal, leaf removal, installing sod and shrubs, pruning trees, and seeding grass. Removes snow and ice at County facilities, including entranceways, sidewalks, parking lots, and other areas.
- Coordinate with Facility Manager in maintaining the efficiency and good working conditions of the buildings.
- Repair and replace plumbing fixtures including sinks, toilets, and pipes; clear obstructions from lines.
- Operate, maintain, and repair a variety of mechanical tools and equipment such as power saws, power sanders, drills, air compressors, paint sprayers, sewer augers, and various hand held tools required for carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance work.
- Ability to be on call for responding to after hour emergencies.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned for business needs
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid driver s license
- Must be able to report to Watford City, ND daily at required schedule time
- Two years experience in building maintenance, construction, plumbing systems, electrical systems, mechanical equipment and controls
- Aptitude for and attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze and trouble shoot
- Knowledge of computers, computer programs, scanning equipment and various office machines
- Physical requirements and working conditions:
- Able to handle exposure to noise and extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, kneel, stoop, sit, walk extensively
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Watford City, ND
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:38:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!