Job title: Building Construction Inspector OR Building Inspector Technician
Company: City of Clearwater
Job description: Position Description
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Building Inspector Technician: $38,863.24 annually
Under general supervision, the Building Inspector Technician performs general technical work in the enforcement of building related codes, laws, and ordinances regulating building construction and related structures within the City.
Building Construction Inspector: Candidate’s hiring rate depends on the number of valid inspector licenses held, see below:
Licenses Held: Starting Compensation:
One (1) License $52,000
Two (2) Licenses $54,000
Three (3) Licenses $57,000
Four (4) Licenses $60,000
Individual would also be eligible for a 15% licensure pay differential in addition to the base rate of pay for the possession and maintenance of two or more valid inspector licenses offered by the State of Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board.
Currently recruiting for Mechanical/Plumbing Inspector and Building Inspector
Under general direction, the Building Construction Inspector performs skilled inspection of building construction, repair, or alteration. Inspects for compliance with building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, gas, energy, accessibility codes, and the City of Clearwater Community Development Code.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Functions: — Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedules, performs, and completes inspections of buildings and other structures; inspects and determines the compliance of all building construction including plumbing, mechanical, electrical, gas, fire prevention, accessibility, energy, and permitting.
- Sorts, organizes, and processes inspection request tickets; schedules time frames for inspections, contacts contractors and owners, and facilitates completion of the inspection.
- Travels to various inspections to reviews, evaluate, and assess work for compliance with building constructions standards; ensures conformity with approved plans, and permits.
- Identifies and determines non-compliant work; notes discrepancies to ensure that all violations are identified, addressed, and resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides education, assistance, and direction for property owners and agencies; delivers technical expertise and impartiality when dealing with contractors, engineers, architects, designers, plan reviewers, and other inspectors.
- Trains, educates, and leads other inspectors; provides expertise and direction for various inspection concerns or questions.
- Advises and confers with building contractors, engineers, architects, owners, and others regarding building construction and ordinances; communicates effectively and professionally providing advice and direction regarding building and related concerns.
- Ensures the completion of detailed, professional, and accurate inspection reports; develops, updates, and maintains various documents and reports monitoring the construction projects within the city; ensures daily work is completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment:
Building Inspector Technician:
- A valid State driver’s license is required
- A valid provisional license as recognized by the State of Florida (61G19-6.012, Florida Administrative Code) within 6 months period with conversion to valid standard inspector license within one (1) year.
Building Construction Inspector:
- A valid State driver’s license is required
- A valid Standard Inspector license issued by the State of Florida.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and work experience that meets Florida Statutes, Chapter 468 to obtain and maintain a Department of Business and Professional inspection license; OR a equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Knowledge of –
- Methods and materials involved in building construction and of standard building testing devices
- Construction plans, blueprints, and schematics
- Regulations governing building construction and all safety elements
- Personnel direction, management, and training
- Code Compliance relating to construction practices
- City ordinances and programs
- Computer software systems and programs
- General office policies and procedures
- Computers and general office equipment
Skill in –
- Engaging with customers, contractors, and inspectors
- Interpreting and enforcing codes and ordinances
- Reading and interpreting building construction plans and specifications
- Performing inspections on varying construction sites and enforcing specifications
- Scheduling, reviewing and evaluating inspection work
- Maintaining files and documents
- Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Operating a computer and related software
FULL TIME EMPLOYEES ONLY RECEIVE:
Health and Wellness initiatives • 100% employee health care coverage • Option for dependent health care • Life Insurance • Optional Dental, Vision, AFLAC • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Retirement -General Employee Pension Plan • Voluntary Tax-deferred 457 Plan • Paid holiday, vacation, sick leave plans • Competitive Salaries • Tuition assistance • Training and development opportunities • Travel compensation • Military leave • Bereavement leave • Discount coupons • Service and employee recognition awards
PART TIME EMPLOYEES ONLY RECEIVE:
Paid holiday, vacation, sick leave plans • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Competitive hourly rates • Flexible schedules • Training and development opportunities • Discount coupons • Service and employee recognition awards
SEASONAL, VARIABLE, TEMPORARY, EMERGENCY EMPLOYEES RECEIVE NO BENEFITS.
Expected salary: $38863.24 per year
Location: Clearwater, FL
Job date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 05:49:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!