Job title: Associate Director, Creative
Job description: Come create the future vision of Clean Beauty!
We are launching a new clean beauty brand in the Amyris family of brands. The brand will be at the forefront of sustainable beauty products and revolutionize the beauty industry with the best performing products. Enabled by its proprietary Lab-to-Market synthetic biology platform, Amyris has developed and produces some of the leading clean ingredients to lead the transformation of the beauty industry to a clean and sustainable future.
The new EcoFabulous brand will offer unparalleled ingredient efficacy, clean formulas and packaging, with genuine inclusivity.
The Associate Creative Director is a critical member of the EcoFabulous creative leadership team and a strategic role for the EcoFabulous brand. The ideal candidate will have exceptional taste level for design and visual storytelling and lead our fast-growing creative team towards a refined brand presence across our integrated initiatives. They will have a unique opportunity to shape, define, and execute best-in-class visual design for the brand, Amyris’ newest beauty line targeting Gen Z/Zillennial consumers. This role reports to the Senior Director, Creative.
- Develop global creative vision and direction across “omni channel” brand touchpoints that helps differentiate the Ecofabulous brand and ensures excellence in the execution of this vision
- Own and champion the brand DNA, aesthetic & tone and voice for the brand
- Lead creative team in the annual and seasonal brand, product, event, partnership, etc. creative development – from concept to omni channel execution
- Inspire creative team to innovate in how the brand comes to life creatively across channels; foster an environment of curiosity and creative experimentation
- Build out and oversee art direction, photography/videography, editorial, digital design, print design and packaging design teams
- Accountable for all creative asset development, including omni-channel brand presence (i.e. in-store VM/collateral, site, email, paid/growth marketing, social and video content, product marketing videos, emerging channels, etc.)
- Deep understanding and passion for creative across rapidly-evolving digital channels
- Ensure all internal/agency partner output is in line with overall brand strategy and objectives
- Manage external creative and brand agency partners successfully
- Own and manage creative budget
- Build and lead a high-performing team while harnessing a fun collaborative environment
- Oversees allocation of work for the team to maximize efficiency and prioritize projects
- Partner with key internal stakeholders (Marketing, Digital, E-comm, Product Development, etc.) to bring a breakthrough brand strategy and experience to life and build new capabilities across the organization
- Champion alignment of strategy across global markets to ensure creative is on brand and locally/culturally relevant
- Develop creative systems/processes necessary to implement our brand strategy and deliver consistent brand experiences
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Creative to define brand benchmarks and standards for guideline presentations to the creative team and marketing partners
- Have a keen understanding of the process of creative and campaign development to weigh in on milestones and workflow timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate closely with product team and project management on packaging design development
- Oversee creative team packaging workflow, deliverables, and presentation of packaging designs to cross-functional team
- Support in the hiring and career development of the creative team, mentor our existing staff and assess where we need to evolve as we grow
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 10+ years of experience working in a creative capacity in the global consumer products market
- 10+ years of experience in hands on design and/or copywriting
- Outstanding portfolio with case studies representing cross-channel design executions within beauty, fashion, or adjacent industries
- Background in omni channel expertise in the areas of social, paid media, web, visual merchandising, with a digital first lens
- Strong creative vision and ability to sell this into executive teams
- Experience building and launching new brands within the beauty space
- Experience building teams from scratch and scaled to meet growing business demand
- Proven change agent and ability to swiftly mobilize teams to changing demands
- Leverages deep expertise of competitive landscape and trends
- Demonstrates influential leadership; respects and incorporates the needs of stakeholders
- Possesses a high degree of organizational agility; must be productive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture and thrive in an environment of rapid decision making, frequently changing priorities and the ability to get products to market quickly
- Comfortable with packaging design process and workflow
- Understanding of the GenZ/Zillennial consumer profile
- Skilled in all design software including Adobe Creative Suite and Figma. Project management software knowledge a plus (Trello, Wrike, etc.)
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. .
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company’s proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world’s top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit .
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete .
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 02:12:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!