Job title: Assistant General Counsel, HR Law
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
The Human Resources Law team currently has a vacancy for an attorney. Columbus, OH and Plano, TX are preferred locations; Chicago, IL also considered. The Human Resources Law team is an integrated worldwide employment law function meeting the needs of a leading financial services company in all areas of employment law, including counselling, litigation, investigations, projects and implementation of financial services regulatory developments worldwide impacting the Human Resources function and the firm’s people strategy and operations.
In this role, you will work on a broad range of employment law matters focused on the Consumer and Community Bank, including overseeing a docket of employment cases at various stages from threatened litigation through hearing/trial, in various jurisdictions and forums, including investigating allegations, overseeing outside counsel, managing litigation, providing strategy and risk assessments, reporting on outcomes and trends, and communicating to and influencing stakeholders within the firm. As an employment lawyer working in this group, you will be expected to become a trusted advisor who provides legal counsel and strategic advice to the firm on employment law and related matters across the employee lifecycle, and will prepare and review human resources policies, procedures, agreements and other documentation related to human resources and workforce management. You will partner closely with other attorneys, Human Resources (“HR”) and Employee Relations (“ER”) professionals, and key stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions.
- Law degree. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment
- Minimum 5 years of recent, relevant and broad employment litigation experience, as well as significant advice and counsel experience in a law firm, large in-house setting or equivalent (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment discrimination and other employment-related statutes, as well as common law employment claims (required)
- Experience handling full range of labor and employment issues, including performance management, employee discipline, termination, severance, workplace investigations, policy development, employment agreements, FLSA, FMLA, wage and hour issues, workplace accommodations, applications, training, incentive pay, and the protection of intellectual property, trade secrets and confidential information (required)
- Experience in handling and/or advising on requests for leaves and accommodations
- Experience in preparing legal documents including pleadings, discovery, motions, etc.; deposition, hearing and trial experience (preferred)
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to handle high volume and balance competing demands (required)
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships; must be an effective influencer (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (required)
- Strong knowledge of eDiscovery/ESI (required)
- High competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, LEXIS/Westlaw (required)
- Employment litigation and counseling with financial services clients (strongly preferred)
- Experience with and appreciation for Design Thinking and Agile Development (strongly preferred)
- Operational mindset (preferred)
- Experience with compensation design and policy (preferred)
- Project management skills and background (preferred)
- Knowledge of collaboration tools like SharePoint and PowerPoint, case management applications and/or customer account management applications (preferred)
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
With large, global operations, the Legal team tackles complex issues and helps shape the regulations that affect the businesses. The group is organized into practice groups that align with the lines of business and corporate staff areas, which encourages collaboration on legal, regulatory and business developments as they arise.
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 04:02:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!