Job title: Area Sales Manager OEM – Hybrid
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Job description: Job Summary
Evolution Hospitality welcomed two brand new hotels in Palo Alto, California in 2021, Hotel Citrine, Tribute Portfolio and AC Palo Alto.
Hotel Citrine, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, we invite you to travel lightly and live brightly. We believe in captivating design, vibrant social scenes, and authentic experiences. Thoughtfully integrating sustainability, we are dedicated to offering an exceptional, intuitive experience for guests who want to make mindful and eco-conscious hotel choice in Silicon Valley.
AC Hotels by Marriott celebrates the beauty of classic modern design with its European soul and Spanish roots. Born from the entrepreneurial spirit of renowned hotelier Antonio Catalan. The brand offers concept-driven, turn-key customization of guest room and public space design. With flexible open spaces, purposeful design, signature moments and no unwanted extras, guests maximize their stay with style and intention.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for attainment of assigned goals tied to the overall performance of a collection of two (2) new and thriving Silicon Valley hotels. The individual will be responsible for effectively soliciting and securing new accounts for all assigned hotels. The Area Sales Manager will work in conjunction with the respective Director of Sales/hotel leadership to achieve the revenue and market share goals for the hotels assigned. The focus of sales may vary based on the respective properties the associate is assigned to (i.e. Leisure Business Travel Group SMERF). Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly. This is a hybrid role as the individual will have the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week after they have completed their onboarding.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 2 years Hotel Sales experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must possess developed verbal and written communication skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Experience with professional selling skills desired: opening probing supporting closing
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks; strong organization and presentation skills
- Effectively attain assigned sales and revenue goals as well as solicitation call goals for the assigned collection of hotels.
- Proactively conduct solicitation calls conduct sales tours and entertain clients specific to Leisure SMERF Business Travel (BT) and/or Groups as applicable by property.
- Grow existing relationships with assigned accounts specific to Leisure SMERF Business Travel (BT) and/or Groups as applicable by property.
- Monitor and evaluate trends within your market segment.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitality’s established regulations company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel and applicable departments.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations as applicable.
- May assist in implementing and/or participating in special promotions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes etc.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
Hotel Citrine, Palo Alto, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is located in Palo Alto, 3.1 mi from Stanford University and 1.8 mi from Griffin Stringed Instruments.
Stanford Stadium is 3.7 mi from the hotel. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 11 mi from Hotel Citrine, Palo Alto, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:18:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!